v. the quarry

Saturday, 10:12 am

I sat on the edge of the bed just looking at the note on my desk. I could barely sleep last night without thinking if someone was gonna try to come through my window. I got up and went downstairs. "Hey dad!"

"Hey! I was just about to head out to work. Do you want anything to eat I can make you something before I go"

"No I'm good. I can make something myself."

"Alright well I'll see you later"

Now I was home alone. I looked around my now quiet house. I grew chills all over my body. I got that same eerie feeling from the other day. I felt as if their was a presence behind me. Maybe this place is just haunted.

I made some pancakes and went back up to my room.

*ring ring ring*

I went downstairs and answered the phone. "Hello. Holland household"

"Hey Jade. It's me richie"

"Oh hey Richie!"

"Me and the boys are going to the quarry and I wanted to know if you wanted to come with us"

"Uh sure"

"Alright I can pick you up if you want"

"Ok I'll be ready in about 20 minutes"

"Alright"

I hung up the phone and ran up the stairs to get ready. I was chilling downstairs in the living room. My doorbell rang. "Hey richie" I opened it immediately knowing that it was Richie.

"Hey! You ready to go"

"Yeah"

I grabbed my bag and got on the back of Richie's bike.

When we got there I walked over and saw a huge cliff with water below it. I looked down at it as all the boys came over to the edge. "So who's going first" Eddie asked. "You" I pushed him off the edge as he flipped into the water. As I was laughing someone pushed me into the water. When I looked up I saw Richie laughing from the cliff. "Richie you asshole" I yelled as the rest of the boys jumped and Richie almost landed on top of me.

I started splashing water on Richie as he did the same back to me. For the whole time we were just playing around with each other and chicken fighting.

"Ah Richie I think you almost broke my arm"

"Nonsense. That was all you"

"Why would I try to break my own arm you idiot"

"I don't know, maybe because your clumsy"

"No I'm not!"

"Yes you are!"

I laughed at the two boys were bickering over Eddie's clumsiness. "I can't believe out of everyone in Derry you'd rather hang out with us" I snapped my head at Stanley. "Why would you say that?"

"Look at us Jade, we're the losers club. Literally. And I would expect you to be hanging out with popular kids. You know cause your cool and funny".

"You guys are cool and funny too. And if you guys are losers then so am I" I said smiling at him.

We ended up spending the rest of the at the quarry. It was fun! I really liked the boys. No matter how weird they can get. Especially Richie. He has a very dirty mind. Poor boy. He's never gonna get a girlfriend with the way he thinks.