x. Butterflies

"Jade!" I heard Henry's voice say behind me. I rolled my eyes and turned around. "Henry please I just want to go home and fucking relax"

I turn around and saw Henry and a police officer about 7 feet away from him. "I just wanted to say sorry for the other day. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable and corner you in a dead end". He said in a quiet voice.

"Uh it's fine, Henry..." He nodded and walked away. Walking to the cop. The cop put his hand on his back and was whispering something to Henry as he walked with his head down. Weird. Is that his dad?

I walked to the park to get some fresh air. I sat down on a bench and grabbed one of my books out of my bag. And started reading it.

"Hey" I look over my shoulder and saw Patrick leaning on the bench I was sat at.
"Jesus Patrick stop!" I said while hitting him in the arm with my book. "What are you doing?"
"What does it look like I'm doing" he laughed and sat down next to me putting his arm on the bench.

I continued to read my book and felt Patrick's eyes burning into the side of my head. "I gotta a question.." I said looking away from my book and at Patrick. Patrick looked at me with his eyebrows raised waiting for my question".

"Do you know why Henry apologized to me earlier for the other day? Since you guys are like best friends".

"Yeah I told his dad what happened. And God knows that he's scared of his dad".

"Uh thank you, you didn't have to do that though"

"I told you I would protect you" he said smiling at me.

Huh maybe he did have potential. Forget what Eddie and Richie said about him. Maybe he really is nice deep down. I felt as if they're were butterflies in my stomach. I felt like my cheeks were turning red. "Um I gotta go" I said putting my book back in my bag and walking away.

Don't tell me that I was falling for Patrick...

I like how as I was writing this my power went out and my phone was at 25 percent so I couldn't charge it so I had to stop writing so I wouldn't waste my battery until the power went back on.  But anyways, yay double digits!!