xxii. Melanie Perry

It's been about two weeks since that day when me and Patrick "studied" at his house. And I guess you could say we've been more closer than usual. Friends. We're friends now. Nothing more.

I ran downstairs and put my jacket on and grabbed my bag. "You sure I can't walk you to Beverly's house?"
"I'm fine Patrick. And it's only 3 o'clock"
"Alright just making sure"
"Bye" I said giving him a hug and leaving.

PATRICK'S POV

"You guys have been spending a lot of time together lately" my mom said as both my parents walked over from the kitchen. "No mom. We're just friends".
"Mhm yeah, that's what I told your grandmother when me and your father were just 'friends'. She said as my dad nodded.
I rolled my eyes. "It's nothing like that" I said running back upstairs. "Whatever helps you sleep at night son!" My dad yelled for me.

JADE'S POV

"Hey lover bird!" I smiled and sat down next to Beverly as she was smoking on the steps. "Want one?" She asked about to grab another cigarette. "Hard pass". She nodded and exhaled smoke. "What have you been up to?" I asked.
"Eh the usual, going to school and coming home".
"Well summer is right around the corner, three months away"
"Yeah and I'd still be doing the same shit everyday" I laughed.
"Come on let's hit the town. See if we can find something to do" I said getting up and holding out my hand. She lit out the cigarette and grabbed my hand.

As we were walking down the street, we saw a lady stapling a piece of paper to a tree and walking away. We walked over to that tree and saw it was another missing person poster.

 We walked over to that tree and saw it was another missing person poster

"This is like the third person this month" I said as I read the poster.

"I know it's getting really bad"

"I'm just grateful that it's not any of us or my parents" we continued walking down the street as we finished reading the poster.

Melanie Perry. I believe she was in my English class. Very nice girl. I hope she gets back ok.

We walked around town for about an hour or two. Then we went home before curfew. Melanie and her picture was still on my mind. Why is this happening. This needs to be put to a stop. Before more kids go missing, then adults. Then the whole town.