xiii. Patrick's house

I groaned as I just woke up. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. I looked around. Holy shit, I wasn't in my room?! I looked around and saw the blue walls and stuff that boys own. Was I still in Max's house? Was I in his room?!?

The door opened and..

"Patrick?!" I yelled. "Shh, keep your voice down. My mom is still home". He said quietly while closing the door.

I threw the blankets off of me and got up. But immediately felt weak. Before I almost fell to the ground, Patrick caught me and picked me back up. Placing me back on his bed.

"Patrick. What the fuck am I doing here"

"You got drunk last night"

"What no way! I never drank before in my life"

"Well you drank a whole lot, at Max's party"

"Max's party? How did you know I was at his party..?" Patrick sighed and leaned on his dresser.

"I followed you a-

"You followed me?!"

"Please Jade just for a god damn second would you just listen to me. And for gods sake, will you keep your voice down". I crossed my arms and furrowed my eyebrows. "Thank you"

"As I was saying, I heard you speaking to Zack and Max during free period. And they seemed super sketchy. And when they invited you to that party I just knew I had to follow you to make sure you were ok. And at the party I kept my distance so you wouldn't see me but I still kept a close eye on you. And I knew something was off when you started acting weird from that water. And then when I saw you push past all those people to get outside I followed you. And I saw you had fainted. I told your little friend that you were ok and I would take you to my house. Now please, I know you said you could protect yourself but don't start with your fucking yelling."

I just looked at Patrick for a minute. "Thank you.." I said quietly. "I think Max might have been putting alcohol in my water" I said trying to get up again. But immediately had a headache. I laid back down and put my hands over my face.

"How could I be so irresponsible".

"Don't blame yourself. Just like any other teenage girl, you were going to go to that party no matter what"

"Yeah but what am I gonna tell my parents"

"Just say you were sleeping over at the s!ut's house or something.."

I rolled my eyes at Patrick. "You stupid pretty boys don't think for shit!"

Sunday

I decided to stay over at Patrick's for the day yesterday to get over my hang over. I stopped walking once I reached my front door. I sighed, bracing myself for my mom yelling at me. I opened it and walked inside and saw my mom and dad sitting on the couch. They snapped their heads to the door once they heard someone come in.

"Jade! Where have you been?" My mom said running up to me. "I was sleeping over at Beverly's house and just forgot to tell you".

My mom sighed. "I'm just glad your safe" she said pulling me into a hug. She pulled away from the hug and put her hands on my shoulders and looked me up and down.

"Who's button up is that?" I looked at what I was wearing. Shit I forgot to change out of his shirt. It was a navy blue shirt with white polka dots on it.

"Oh it's Beverly's shirt. She let me borrow it because I forgot to bring some clothes with me.." I said thinking of a lie quickly. "Oh... well it looks good on you"

"Thanks!" I said smiling at her and heading upstairs.

Don't let them catch you crying boy
If it didn't really hurt
She took a drink to jog her memory
But it didn't really work
She meant to sing a song
But couldn't memorize the words
She only knew the chorus
She had to mumble the verse

Oh pretty boy (pretty boy)
Don't think (don't think)
You pretty boys (pretty boys)
Are good for one thing (one thing)

Pretty boy- tv girl

Idk why but while I was writing this I immediately thought of this song for some reason. Even though it kinda doesn't match with what happened this chapter or last chapter.