Dialogues and Discourse pt.1

Start from the beginning

"Maybe that's not the case," Izuku continued. "Maybe it's Kirishima and Ashido's good influence that's changing you, but I can't ever be sure of that. Tell me, how can I trust that the same boy who turned his back on me the moment I was declared quirkless genuinely wants to make amends now that I possess a powerful quirk?"

"And to be completely honest with you, Kacchan, your apology doesn't change anything," Izuku stared at Bakugo. "It can't undo everything that occurred during our childhood. It won't alter the fact that in middle school, other students used you as a cover to bully me. It won't change how teachers made my life intentionally challenging just to appease you. Bakugo, your decision to apologize now won't magically restore our friendship to how it used to be before your quirk manifested."

"It's taken me a while to come to terms with this, but when I look back at it, Deku and Kacchan were never really friends, were they?" Izuku stared at the ground. "We were more like enablers, fueling each other's negative qualities. I clung to you, even when you pushed me away, because I admired your strength and confidence. But I also clung because I was convinced that no one else would accept me if I let go of the only friendship I had left from before everything fell apart. If only I'd found the courage to branch out back then, maybe I could have discovered other connections and sources of inspiration beyond you and All Might."

"And you, Bakugo, you kept projecting your insecurities onto me. You kept belittling me... hurting me because that was your only way to cope with your feelings. Even if you outright ignored all those bootlickers who praised you for your quirk, you did let those words subconsciously fuel your ego, and guess what? Your pride became so fragile that when we got to U.A., you'd nearly shattered each time someone surpassed you, especially in terms of quirks."

"And lastly, Katsuki, I don't need your apology because Deku never resented Kacchan, for him, the blonde and loud-mouthed friend of his will always be his symbol of victory. But Izuku cannot forgive and forget how much of a mess he has become because his sole friend turned against him over something beyond his control," Izuku concluded as he poured three cups of hot chocolate. In the meantime, Bakugo hung his head low, unable to formulate a response to Izuku's words.

Then Izuku picked up one of the cups, approached Bakugo, and placed it in front of him. "That's why, Katsuki, let's start over," Izuku proposed. Bakugo stared at him with wide eyes. "I don't want to be linked to Kacchan from my middle school days anymore, but I appreciate working with my classmate Katsuki. He's incredibly intelligent and has the potential to become an outstanding hero, though he might want to work on his people skills," Izuku added with a chuckle and extended his hand. "Hello, Katsuki, my name is Izuku. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Bakugo regarded Izuku's outstretched hand for a moment before sighing and taking it. "Yeah, it's nice to meet you too, De- Izuku," he replied while shaking Izuku's hand.

"Great!" Izuku beamed at him, then picked up the other two cups of hot chocolate. "Now, drink up before it gets cold," he advised as he started to walk away.

"Izuku..." Bakugo called out suddenly, causing Izuku to halt in his tracks. "Are you absolutely certain you want to give me a chance? What if you regret it later?"

Izuku glanced back at Bakugo, a grin playing on his lips. "Katsuki, today someone made me realize that life's too short for regrets. So if you screw this up, it's all on you, pal, because I'll be busy cuddling with my girlfriend."

Bakugo snorted, amused by how a little bit of confidence changed his friend's demeanor. "Well, in that case, don't come whining when I leave you in the dust while you're all lovey-dovey with Ponytail."

"I wouldn't have it any other way, Katsuki," with those parting words, Izuku continued on his way upstairs, brimming with excitement at the thought of spending more time with his girlfriend.

******

The next morning, in the early hours, Nezu sat in his office, diligently sorting through his files and notes for an impending meeting. His concentration was interrupted when someone knocked on his door.

"Come in," he responded without raising his gaze from the paperwork.

"Principal, sir, I need to speak with you about something," the individual who had entered his office announced. Nezu was taken aback because out of everyone who could have visited him that day, Yuga Aoyama was at the very bottom of that mental list.

"Well, if it can wait, we can-"

"No, sir! It's urgent... very urgent!" Yuga declared, his voice tinged with desperation, beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

"Alright, take a deep breath and have a seat," Nezu instructed, motioning towards the chair across from him. He set his files aside and focused on the distressed young man before him. "Now, Aoyama, what is it you wish to discuss?"

"Principal Nezu... it was me... I'm the one who betrayed my friends," Yuga confessed, tears streaming down his face. "I, Yuga Aoyama, am the traitor of U.A.!"

To be continued...

******

Okay, so there are a few things I want you guys to know.

1) I had to cut out the vestige discussion part because honestly, I found it quite boring to read, and it wasn't adding anything new to the chapter either. So please don't jump on me because of that. There may still be room for a vestige section in the upcoming chapters, but only if I can devise a more engaging and meaningful dialogue for them.

2) There will be one more chapter before the finale, as I realize that there are some more conversations I want to write before ending the story. In the next chapter, you can expect to see Shoto and Endeavor's conversation over Dabi as well as 1A's thoughts and discussion on Izuku leaving the U.A., where they share their own opinion on the topic.