angel

CRESSIDA

I closed my eyes and saw my sticky notes, my still unconnected pieces of the puzzle. Now there was a tie between Lindsey and Cat, who were supposedly romantically involved, who made the connection to Spencer and therefore to Nadie. Now I think I've placed the final floating piece.

"Wilkins." I said, as I opened my eyes.

What if Wilkins was connected to Cat? What if he was the father of her child? Think, Cress, is there anywhere connected to him that could be the holding place for Diana?

Shit.

I pulled out my phone, and called Emily.

"What have you got?"

"Remember when I talked to you about the guard?" I asked straight away.

"The one that you thought was off."

"He works both at Millburn and here at Mount Pleasant. Now that we know Cat is behind it I realised that what I thought might be a coincidence might actually be a connection, I just didn't know how or why. But Cat is pregnant, she's claiming it's Spencer's but I think the father Lionel Wilkins. His file should be with what I gave you. He owns a cabin in the woods, somewhere isolated enough to hold a woman who doesn't know what's going on." I said.

"Why didn't you mention his name earlier?" I knew that question would be coming, but I didn't care.

"Because I didn't have a connection, now I do. The address for that cabin will be in his file, you just need to open it and you will have everything on him." I said, trying to slow my racing heart.

"How sure are you?" She asked, and I shook my head. "If you're sure, everyone is going, we won't leave anyone behind on this. We will cover that cabin with everything we have so we can get Diana out." That made my heart beat harder because what if I was wrong? I couldn't be. The connection I needed was right in front of me, and it was the only thing that made sense.

"I'm sure. If you need to, get Garcia to trace phones or whatever she can, but this is the connection I've been trying to make. This has to be it." I said. There was no doubt in my mind that this was right, that this was the connection and this was right.

"I'll get everyone on the road then. You make sure Reid gets out of this okay, wait for the right moment and give Cat hell. That's an order."

"There was no need to make that official, I was going to do it anyway." I said, freezing as I realised I had been missing parts of the conversation between Cat and Spence. "Uh, stay with me for an extra minute, Spencer is doing something..."

"Okay."

"This baby is simply a means to an end, which is to keep me here playing your game, guessing like a fool, assuming something I never should have assumed in the first place." Spencer said.

"And what would that be?" Cat asked.

"My mother's already dead. She was dead before I walked in here." He was trying to get a phone call. Proof of life and a location.

"Emily, please get Garcia on this call now." I said, and while I didn't get a verbal response I heard the sound of buttons being pushed.

"She's not dead."

"Yes, she is." He stood up.

"No, because that would be cheating and I don't cheat. You cheat."

"I'm done playing." He said as he walked to the door.

"Get back here."

"Goodbye, Cat." He was walking through the doorway when Cat got desperate.

"I'll let you talk to her!" Cat shouted, I smiled at him. Spencer's eyes were on me with a brief smirk.