insta intros

liked by leahwilliamsonn, florencepugh and othersizzystyles: Cannot wait to see all your beautiful faces

izzystyles: Cannot wait to see all your beautiful faces. The North American leg of Love on Tour starts now ❤️ All my Love, Iz x

@florencepugh: my LA tickets secured bestie💖
> @izzystyles @florencepugh 🥰
usera: my cowboy hat and feather boa is ready mommy 🥵
userb: omgggg i cannot WAIT!!!!
userc: leah williamson is so real for liking this
userd: miss styles you are too hot i fear

I'm currently at Arsenal's ground, sat basking in the sun, scrolling through my insta whilst waiting for Anna my physiotherapist. I couldn't stop but giggle at some of the comments that popped up underneath Izzy Style's latest picture, myself in the last year after the Euros win I had been subjected to just a fraction of the spotlight and interest Izzy receives - I nearly blush at a comment that directly called me out, regardless of it being a joke or not.

After Anna arrives we go through some light cardio post ACL recovery, my phone pings as I listens to my workout playlist:

Izzy Styles started following you

I can't help the blush or the smile that takes over my face, and in true squad fashion, I screenshot the notification and sends straight to my Arsenal besties.

Arse-nal hotties 😍😜🍑
katie mccard🌝: i am SO jealous you don't understand

me: it's just a follow 🙊

meado 😮‍💨: i really deserve this follow, adore you was my top spotify song of 2020 :(

me: well now we're besties i'll see if i can get you an in meado 😂😂😂

russo: lucky sod!!!

I click off the chat and laugh, no doubt i'm being subjected to ruthless taunts by my best mates. In truth I didn't think anything of it, I know from last yeah I was known to Styles as the pop star had liked a lionesses post about me and the squad, much to my teammates excitement. Not being one for delusions, I am happy Izzy took a interest in me, as I had been a fan of her music and tour for a while now. I'd say I had almost watched Izzy Styles soar into superstardom, and I did hold a sense of pride at the success of a fellow north londoner.

Anna had just sent me a cute pic of me walking out of my physio session and I decided to do a cheeky post. It may or may not have something to do with a certain pop stars new follow.

liked by katiemccabe, jillscott & othersleahwilliamsonn: New season approaching has me dreaming of match days as a gooner 😮‍💨

leahwilliamsonn: New season approaching has me dreaming of match days as a gooner 😮‍💨

View all 545 comments

~

A few hours had past since my post, I couldn't help the slight disappointment of the lack of like from Izzy - as stupid as it sounds. But I have seen myself on the social media grapevine Izzy hardly likes anyone's posts, and the ones she does creates such an enormous spotlight on the other person.

I'm half way into my Lord of Rings rewatch curled up on my sofa all snug when my phone lit up.

I can't deny my heart is thumping, and I certainly wasn't expecting this

I can't deny my heart is thumping, and I certainly wasn't expecting this. I considered texting Katie asking what to do, but I centred myself. It was only a well-being check, regardless of my first instinct feeling like Izzy was flirting slightly. With boldness that only comes from the captain of England I opened the message.

I'm actually sat smiling to myself, I screenshot to my girls and if I was truly honest

I'm actually sat smiling to myself, I screenshot to my girls and if I was truly honest...I felt electrified. One of the biggest stars in the world dm'd me - and oh lord, the girls were going to never let this go.

Arse-nal hotties 😍😜🍑

katie mccard 🌝: As if she called you darlin i am dead and deceased for you le so never mind how you feel!!!!!

russo: aww low-key she seems so sweet! I like how she didn't pester you! Also: the love hearts? 👀

meado: Izzy Styles confirming she's  perfect? Leah's won at life

me: currently reporting from the grave 🥵🥵

I finally got ready for bed feeling super giddy, reading the messages over and over and scrolling (stalking) through Izzy's instagram. Finally, I settle in ready for my early morning interview with Capital breakfast.