❣︎𝒜𝓁ℴ𝓃ℯ❣︎

Since I still wasn't able to figure out what was that mystery around Miss Katherine and days were so long and boring, I spent my time with Annabel. Mrs. Pearl's daughter. Mrs. Pearl was Miss Katherine's dear friend. So I suspected she had to do something with that weirdness too.
      Annabel was a nice girl and we quickly became friends. There wasn't anything suspicious about her. Which I couldn't say about her mother.

I thought that maybe after Damon returned from the war, the obsession over Miss Katherine caused with her sorcery would be gone. I was terribly wrong. It wasn't coming any near to fine. It was even worse. It was like if I didn't exist. There was just Miss Katherine for both of my brothers.

One afternoon, when I was about to meet Annabel so we could go for a horse ride, I heard a conversation between father and Damon and Stefan. They talked about creatures of the night. Vampires. They were among us. That was for sure what was wrong with Miss Katherine. She was a vampire. Nevertheless I needed a proof. Which wasn't going to be easy since she walked on a sunlight. That was making her "innocent". Because as everyone knew, vampires couldn't come out during the day. Sunlight would burn them.

✧✦✧

My search for some proof wasn't any near to accomplishment. And it certainly wasn't needed anymore.

I was woken up by noises outside my bedroom. The whole house was in panic. I opened my bedroom door and peeked out into the hallway. I heard father ordering something to Stefan. I didn't catch what exactly, but according to his voice tone and the way Stefan ran down the stairs even without noticing me standing in the middle of the hall was enough for me to know that something was seriously wrong.
As I noticed some men coming up the stairs I crouched by the stair railing and watched them enter Stefan's room. I wondered what had exactly happened. I led my steps to Stefan's bedroom and carefully looked inside. I saw Miss Katherine laying on the floor. She was unconscious and her mouth was covered with some sort of muzzle.
      They picked her up and headed to the door. I quickly hid behind it and prayed they weren't gonna see me. I closed my eyes thinking of that if I didn't see them, then they wouldn't see me too. It was a mistake. Two hands caught my shoulders and shook with me a few times, which caused me to open my eyes and face the person.

"Alice, what are you doing here? Go back to your room and don't come out till the morning," father ordered. I surely wasn't gonna do that. "Father, what is going on? Why is everyone awake?" I asked him, while he was pushing me towards my room.

"Don't worry, Alice. Everything is all right," he assured me. "Just go back to sleep." He shoved me inside my bedroom and locked the door behind me.
      I banged on it and yelled at him to let me out but it was clearly useless. I looked around the room thinking of a way out. The only option was the window. I made a rope from the sheets and used it for my escape.
It wasn't the easiest way and I was down sooner than I had expected. Luckily I landed safely and nothing serious happened to me.

I ran through the garden to the front of the house. Everyone was pacing around so they didn't even notice me. I used that advantage and ran to the back around the stables. My eyes concentrated on the woods behind. It seemed like the whole town was there.

"We have another one!" I heard Mr. Gilbert shout. He was holding some kind of weird device, which looked like a pocket watch. Obviously it wasn't it. It had to something with vampires. The whole town was hunting vampires. So Katherine wasn't the only one. There were so many.

Every moment I stood there and watched, they caught another vampire.

I looked over to the forest and saw father coming in with a gun. I decided to follow him. He stopped not far from a path there, which led to a main road.
He aimed the rifle at something. At a target I didn't see so I quietly sneaked behind a different one, thick tree nearby the one I had been hidden behind in that moment.
      My heart skipped a beat as soon as I spotted the target. It was Damon. I didn't know why father wanted to do it. For what reason?
      I ran to him and wanted to prevent him in it. The distance between us seemed longer than I had thought. I wasn't quick enough; the first shot rang out.

"No! No! No!" I screamed and ran quicker. The second shot rang out. It hit Stefan and he collapsed to the ground.
      I intended to ran past father to him and Damon, but he caught me. "Alice, stop it!" he ordered and struggled with holding me back.

"No! No!" I cried and screamed. It all had to be just a bad dream. Father would never kill his sons. He would never do that. My brothers couldn't be dead. They weren't allowed to die.

"Alice, calm down!" he yelled, trying to pacify me. "You murderer! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" I hated my father like I had never had before. He had killed them. He had murdered them. His own sons. My brothers.

"Alice, come!" he was losing his patience. Despite the weakness that overwhelmed me I still fought. How could he be so calm? "Alice, I said stop it and come!" I gave up the trying to get from his grip and allowed him to drag me back inside the house.
We were passing the citizens of Mystic Falls, who were still running around and chasing after vampires. However I didn't pay an attention to them until Mr. Lockwood stopped us so he could have a word with father.

"Giuseppe, what happened?" he scanned my puffy face. I shot him a glare and let another tear fall down my cheek.

"Nothing worth wasting my breath on," father answered calmly.

"All right. We're rounding them up in a church. Come as soon as you can." Father nodded in agreement and led me back into my bedroom.  He locked me in there without any word.

✧✦✧

Author's note: Hi, first I want to apologize for the long wait and second I hope you like this second chapter.