Chapter 18

A/N: If smut is not your tea, you can skip after the first third of this chapter. ;)

"I think we need to talk," I tell him as he steps to the side to let me into his mews.

"You are totally soaked. Let me get you a towel," he immediately offers after closing the door and I can hear the worry in his voice. He wants to go up the stairs where Kal is waiting.

"That won't be necessary, because I don't think I will be here for long." He stops in his tracks and turns around to look at me puzzled.

"I don't understand." I take a deep breath to muster all my courage.

"I can't be your friend anymore," I tell him. Shock and bewilderment are clearly present on his face.

"Why?" he asks me and the way he looks at me makes my heart ache. Sadness, pain and confusion have taken over.

"Because I like you, but not as a friend," I start, and even though it already hurts, I continue, "I know that you like this other woman, but I am falling in love with you." Bracing myself for a rebuff, I turn my head to the side so I don't have to look at him.

I can feel his body heat when he steps closer to me and shudder when his fingers touch my chin. He lifts my head and turns it back to him, so I have to look at him. I don't understand what is happening. Confused I try to find answers by looking into his eyes.

"There was never another woman, Charlotte. There has only been you this entire time," he whispers as he bends his head down to mine. Suddenly I comprehend that everything he told me about her, fits perfectly to me. I was just too blind to see it. A smile creeps on my lips as I realize that he loves me.

While lifting my heels up from the floor, I wrap my arms around his neck and pull his face down to mine. As soon as our lips touch, a shiver runs through my body, and I sigh in delight. The butterflies in my stomach go crazy and I can feel him putting his left hand on my hip to pull my body closer against his. His lips are soft and full and feel amazing against mine.

Slowly he licks over my lower lip with his tongue and then takes it between his to gently bite on it while his hand wanders from my hip to my lower back. I moan against his lips and press my chest against his. This feels fucking amazing. There are no other words to describe this.

"Why didn't you say anything?" I ask him after we finish our kiss, and he leans his forehead against mine.

"Because at first I thought you weren't ready and then that you would always only see me as a friend," he sighs and then puts a peck onto my lips. "But before we continue to talk about it, you need to get into something dry. I don't want you to get sick." He caresses my cheek with his thumb, before taking a step back.

"I ruined your shirt," I say as I see that it is wet from my dress.

"No you didn't, that's what a washing machine is for. But let's go upstairs," he assures me and picks me up. A squeal escapes me, and he chuckles. Immediately I wrap my legs around his waist, and he carries me up the stairs.

"I hope you don't mind, but I don't want the floor to get wet."

"Really? And I already thought that you would carry me upstairs because you don't want to let go of me. But apparently, I am wrong," I tease him, and he starts to place open mothed kissed onto my neck. Moaning I tilt my head to the side to give him better access to my sensitive skin.

"I like that sound," he whispers and then slightly blows over my neck. It makes me shiver and press me more against him.
"I hope to hear that couple of times tonight," he groans into my ear as we pass through his living room, then he turns his head for a moment.