Chapter Thirteen

Will Swan was shaken awake by a frantic Bella, who hadn't even bothered to take the time to match her clothes or wash her face. The tall girl woke up groggily and squinted at the clock, the bright red letters almost sending her into a coma.

"You better be joking." She snarled, "I know it ain't 4:30 in the morning -"

"We can't wait anymore, Will. I have to go and see Jacob." Bella pleaded, turning to her sister's closet and pulling out whatever clothes she saw first. She only had one mission, and that was getting back to Jacob of getting to the bottom of this situation. It seemed that the more they figured out, the more questions arose that needed to be answered. 

Will sat up and rubbed at her eyes. She had finally figured the mystery out, in her personal opinion she thought she deserved a break from this whole 'supernatural' world thing. Maybe a trip to the store with Jess, or at least some time to study her trig... she was still hoping for straight A's, after all. Maybe she would even clean her room... anything to get her mind off the unbelievingly annoying (and cute) boy who had been a constant thought on her mind. "Don't you think we should give Jake a little more time to adjust?"

"C'mon, I know you're dying to see Paul -"

"No I'm not," Will huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "I'm not dying over any man, ever."

Bella threw the outfit she had selected right onto Will's head. "Are you trying to teach me a feminism lesson or something? That's what your brain says, but what about your heart?"

"You could use a feminist lesson, and my hearts saying that I really hate you right now," Will said. "Can't we just wait an hour?"

"No. Get dressed. I'm not leaving."

"Not even for me to change? Creep."

"Willow Swan if you don't get up right now -"

"Fine!" Will said, peeling herself out of bed and sinking onto her feet. "You know, I'm still tired after having to carry you to the couch yesterday, I feel like you should have some more compassion."

Still, the younger girl put on the jeans and sweatshirt that Bella had thrown at her, and a minute later she was heading to the bathroom to brush her teeth and brush her hair. She had barely set her toothbrush down when Bella grabbed her by the arm and started dragging her downstairs. 

"Will, what are you doing up so early? And Bella, where are you going?" Charlie asked suddenly. Neither of the girls had seen him in the dark kitchen, where he was drinking his coffee. Sometimes he acted more like a vampire than the Cullens. "Do you know what time it is?"

"Yeah. I have to go see Jacob."

"I thought the thing with Sam -"

"That doesn't matter, I have to talk to him right now," Bella insisted, and it was then that Will realized that her big sister's old spark was slowly starting to come back to her again.