Chapter 1

Meera was in the closet,draping her saree when the closet door attached with the bathroom opened and her husband,Rishab came with a towel wrapped around his lower body,giving a clear view of his v-line.Meera looked at him and saw him already staring at her.

She looks at herself and then realization hits her hard.She had worn a backless blouse and her entire back was visible for him.She was still adjusting the pleats as her saree was of an organza material and her chest wasn't covered.She quickly covered her chest with her pallu and turned.

Rishab walked towards her and pinned her to the mirror and him.She looked at him while he pulled her closer through her arms and her face hit on his chest. His hands travelled back to her blouse and her breath hitched when his cold hands touched her bare back. She tried to push him but he held her in a firm grip.

His hands touched the hook of her blouse and locked it properly.He pushed her back and she directly landed on the dressing table,the safety pin piercing her palm.She looked at him with a teary gaze while he looked unaffected.

"Thank you Ri---"Meera tried to say but was interrupted by her husband's harsh words.

"I don't want to ruin my reputation because of you!!"He said and left the closet.

Meera quickly wiped her tears and got ready and went downstairs where everyone was already present along with her husband.She greeted her in-laws and started serving them and sat beside her mother-in-law, Kajal feeding her.

Her mother-in-law Kajal was paralyzed and always needs someone to take care of.A year ago she met with an accident and her legs were paralyzed.As she requested her husband,he made her sit on the wheelchair.

Meera was feeding her when her father-in-law spoke."Thank you Meera!!I'll retire soon so I'll take care of Kajal and you can resume your job"

"It's okay Papa,She is my mother and I can take care of her. You needn't stress"She said and smiled looking at Rudra who smiled patting her head lovingly.

"There is no need to thank her,it's her duty to take care of Kajal"Boomed the voice of her grandmother-in-law.Rudra was about to say when Meera smiled and nodded negatively. He sighed and continued having breakfast.

"Bhai,The investors are now backing off,seems like they joined hands with Rajvansh."Karan,her brother-in-law said while Rishab nodded looking at Meera,who had a hurtful expression on her face.

After feeding Kajal when Meera was about to eat, Amrutha stood up pushing her plate.Meera looked at her and then her plate.She quickly stood up and left the dining room and went to his room.She could hear the voices of Rudra and Amrutha fighting.

She sat on the bed,hugging her knees. It hurts her to know, the person who loved her the most and now hating her to the core.Amrutha's behaviour somewhere made her hurt,was she not family. The room door opened and in came her brother-in-law and sister-in-law along with Rishab.

Seeing them,she stood up wiping her tears. When Kriya was about to go to Meera,Rishab glared at her making her pause at her place.Rishab went inside the closet while Kriya ran towards Meera and hugged her.Meera hugged her back.

Karan didn't speak much but his eyes depicted he was angry at his grandma for her behaviour.

"Bhabhi,Please don't let it affect you!!You know right I love you"Kriya said while Meera nodded and broke the hug.She wiped the tears of Kriya and kissed her forehead.

"All the best babe!!Rock the interview."Meera said while Kriya nodded.Rishab came from the closet with two files and gave those to Karan and then turned towards Kriya and asked her to come near him.She walked towards him. He kissed her forehead and wished her luck.