Evolucionando 🦋

~~

As the morning arises, at the breakfast table, Yara is already seated, sipping on her milk, while Greggy walks in, rubbing his eyes and yawning.

Greggy: *still half-asleep* Good morning, sunshine. Up early today?
Yara: *smiling* Morning, Dad. Yeah, couldn't sleep in today.

Greggy pours himself a cup of coffee and sits down.

Greggy: *taking a sip* Well, that's rare. Is anything special happening today?
Yara: *nervously* Actually, Dad, there is something. I wanted to talk to you about.

Greggy: *curious* Oh? What's on your mind, kiddo?
Yara: *hesitating but then blurting out* You remember the secret admirer thing, right? Mom told you yesterday.

Greggy: *nodding* Ah, yes. Your mom mentioned it. So, you wanted to tell me more about it?
Yara: Yeah, I just thought it was important to share with you. Yesterday, Dad, there was a bouquet of flowers and chocolates in my locker. And there was a note, Dad. It said, "To the most amazing person in school, your smile brightens my day. From your secret admirer."

Greggy choked on his coffee, coughing and trying to recover.

Greggy: *still surprised but slowly calming down* Wow, that's... unexpected. I mean, you're growing up, and these things happen, I guess.
Yara: *relieved* I thought you'd be mad or something.

Greggy: *smiling* Mad? Nah, sweetheart. I mean, it's a bit surprising, but it's all part of growing up, right? Kids your age start noticing each other. Just be careful and take your time to get to know this secret admirer.
Yara: *grinning* Thanks, Dad. You're not like, super upset?

Greggy: *chuckling* No, not upset. Well, I guess I was a little shocked, but your mom already filled me in on the details, mostly, I'm happy to see you're handling it well. Just remember, if you ever need to talk about anything, I'm here for you, and your mom too.

They share a warm smile, and Greggy reaches over to ruffle Yara's hair.

Greggy: *affectionately* You'll always be my little girl, Yara, no matter what secret admirers come and go. Daddy loves you, my Yara bear
Yara: *feeling relieved* Thanks, Dad. I love you too! That means a lot to me.

They continue their breakfast with newfound ease. Just then, Irene enters the kitchen, still a bit groggy from sleep.

Irene: *rubbing her eyes* Morning, you two. What's all this secret admirer talk?
Yara: *grinning* Morning, Mom. I already told Dad what happened yesterday.

Irene: *apologetic* Oh, my love, I'm sorry I spilled the beans last night. I didn't mean to steal your thunder.
Yara: *giggling* It's okay, Mom. I understand that you were just a bit tipsy.

Greggy: *smirking* Tipsy, huh? Come sit now and sip your tea.
Irene: Thank you, honey. How's everything going with you guys?

Greggy: Well, I appreciate our little sweetheart here for personally telling me about her admirers. I reassured her that we weren't mad or anything.
Yara: Thank you, Mom and Dad. You know I was just a little hesitant at first because you know some parents scold their children for things like this, but no worries, I am not interested in those.