Cuddling

Hogwarts Year: Four

The students at Hogwarts would never have imagined that Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter would have started dating, ever. The two had been enemies for their so-far four years at Hogwarts and it would be ridiculous for them to even be friends.

      And yet, the two have started dating, to everyone's surprise.

     When Harry Potter came out as openly pansexual, Draco, who was closteted and gay, knew it was his chance to ask the boy he loved out. Even though they hated each other, Draco wanted to get past their differences and have a chance with the person he loved.

      The school knew Harry liked someone. But no one would imagine it to be Draco. And Draco didn't imagine it either, and he certainly didn't imagine the kiss he got when he apologized to Harry after all those years of torture.

     They were quick to come out to the school—and most people supported. The news floated around the school and about everyone but Snape knew (because, to be honest, no one wants him finding out). And every once in a while, Draco would drag Harry to the Room of Requirement for a date. And tonight was one of those nights.

      Draco and Harry walked to the RoR, hand in hand, both under Harry's invisibility cloak. He was quite tired but really wanted to have a date night with Harry. But Harry could see the tired look on his boyfriend's face and said, "Draco, we can do this another night if you want. You look so...tired."

     Draco shook his head. "Nonono, I want to do this. It's our five month anniversary, you know."
Harry nodded. "Yeah. Okay, I guess I'm not changing your mind."

     Draco grinned and Harry smiled back, and the two continued walking.

     They arrived quickly and the doors opened, revealing a living-room-looking area that they always hung out in—a comfortable gray couch and a shelf of books, with a patterned rug on the floor and a few more decorations. One wall was just a huge window, allowing the two to see snow falling down peacefully from the black nighttime sky. Harry walked over to the window and looked out at it, while Draco threw the invisibility cloak onto the couch.

     "The snow's pretty," Harry said randomly, putting a hand to the window. Draco laughed lightly and walked up behind Harry, wrapping his arms around the shorter boy's waist. Harry melted into the touch, leaning against Draco's chest, feeling the safest he'd ever felt. Harry tilted his head back and looked at Draco.

    "Love you," he said quietly, and in response, Draco grinned.

     "Love you more," Draco responded, holding Harry tightly. After a moment of standing like this, Harry randomly pushed Draco toward the couch. Draco laughed, knowing what he wanted. He walked over to the couch and laid down, Harry following and laying down next to him, resting his head on Draco's chest. Draco wrapped his arms around Harry and smiled at him.

     "You think first year us would think we'd be doing this?" he asked his boyfriend. Harry laughed.

     "No, but I think we would have both imagined it," Harry said. Draco flushed and laughed lightly, but agreed. Both had liked each other since first year so it would be easy for the two to imagine cuddling each other. And often they had done that exactly.

     The couple stayed like this, talking quietly, with Draco stroking Harry's hair. Then, in the middle of a sentence, Harry trailed off, and Draco looked down, seeing he'd fallen asleep. The blonde boy just smiled and held Harry tighter in his arms, and kissed the top of his head.

     "Goodnight, Scarhead."