Wedding

Now, I've been to weddings, I've been to one the day of the day I'm writing this, but honestly, I still have no clue to how they work. So this is just a...guess? And I know there's no flower girl or something like that...we're just gonna pretend Draco and Harry didn't want one. They're 24 in this oneshot btw.

After Hogwarts AU

     "Harry—Harry—Harry—HARRY!"

     Harry snapped back to reality after Ron and Hermione called his name about sixty times. Harry stood there with them in his maroon suit and black tie, feeling nervous. Today was the day, an amazing day. Four months ago, in a pretty field at dusk, Draco, his at-the-time-boyfriend, had pulled out a ring and got down on one knee and pledged his love for Harry again, before asking to marry. Of course, Harry said yes. Now, the day was here.

     "You're going to do great, Harry," Hermione said reassuringly, brushing a strand of hair out of Harry's face. Harry nodded, breathing heavily. Him and Draco had dated for so long and yet it felt like he was about to confess his love for the first time again. He looked at Ron and Hermione and then at the door of the room he'd gotten dressed in in the beautiful house that was going to be used for after the wedding. The field Draco had proposed in was outside and they'd be married in that field exactly. Harry was blooming with excitement but was also quite nervous.

     Ron patted Harry on the shoulder, smiling at him. "'Mione and I will give you a second," he said, taking his wife's hand and the redheaded male and the brown-haired woman left the room. Harry was alone now and he looked at himself in the mirror in the room. He was feeling so many emotions.

     With Draco, well, he was just as nervous as Harry. Standing up in front of people in his black suit, shaking hands behind his back, he whispered to Blaise, who was going to be making Harry and Draco married, "I'm so nervous."

     Blaise nodded, smiling at Draco. "Don't be, Draco. This is going to be excellent, I promise you."

     Draco heaved a few breaths. He noticed Ron and Hermione sitting down and his breath hitched. This most likely meant Harry would be coming out soon, escorted by Mrs. Weasley, who'd volunteered to walk him down the aisle. Draco looked down and straightened his silver tie, feeling quite nervous.

     Finally, a hush fell over the field and the guests turned as Harry was now walking down the aisle, a teary-eyed Mrs. Weasley accompanying him. Draco felt his cheeks heat up as he saw Harry, and his nervousness turned to a flustered grin. Harry smiled back and thanked Mrs. Weasley silently before standing in front of Draco, smiling. Draco took Harry's hand in his own, caressing it gently. Blaise cleared his throat and looked out at the guests who consisted of all of the Weasleys, Hermione, Luna, Pansy, Teddy Lupin, Narcissa Malfoy (Lucious was not invited for he is quite homophobic), even Professor McGonagall and Professor Slughorn and many other ex-students from Hogwarts (there were around ninety guests).

     "All who have gathered today, we're here at this time to honor the loving couple that consists of Draco and Harry, two unlikely lovers but an amazing pair nonetheless. We'll start off with the vows." Blaise nodded at Draco, a signal for him to go first. Draco cleared his throat and looked down at Harry.

     "Harry, from the moment I walked into Hogwarts, I knew I wanted to have a connection with you of a sort," Draco said, smiling at Harry, who smiled back at him. "After you rejected me of course, I felt the need to act like a jerk and hate you, because of course, that's the best way to show affection." There was some laughter from the crowd and a light giggle from Harry, but after grinning harder, Draco continued, "In the third year, that one class, when you rode a hippogriff, I knew there was something for you. Something about how happy and lighthearted you looked when you flew on the hippogriff, it made a spark start in my heart. And that spark has set to flames over these years and I have grown to love you more than anyone I've ever known. I could not ask for a better partner and person to guide me in life because no one would be able to keep me sane and stable the way you do. You're the light at the end of the tunnel, Harry, and you always will be. I love you."

     Harry was flushed and grinning hard. Draco's vows had earned some awes from the crowd and even Blaise was smiling a bit. Harry cleared his throat and looked into Draco's eyes. "Draco Lucius Malfoy, when we were in Hogwarts, I knew from the moment I set foot in there I hated you with all my being, and—" Harry laughed a bit because the guests had laughed and Draco was laughing a bit, because it had come out quite funny. Harry inhaled and, grinning, kept talking, "—and wanted to avoid you. But now, I can't imagine being apart from you. The moment we locked hands for the first time I knew you were the one. You were the missing piece of my soul I didn't know was missing until you made it be placed. And I will always and forever love you. We'll laugh together, cry together, eat together, and rule our own world, our own kingdom of our love, forever and after death." There was much more clapping and Draco was grinning so hard, using all of his willpower to not just lift Harry up and kiss him right then and there.

     After a moment, Blaise said, "Now, you two will present each other with rings, as a symbolism of your love and bond together." Blaise turned to a table behind him and held up a sheet of soft cotton that held two rings—one with a red gem and one with a green, both outlined in diamond. Draco took the red ring and slipped it onto Harry's finger, smiling at him as he did so. Grinning wider than Draco, Harry took the other ring and put it on Draco's finger. The two locked hands and Harry heard Hermione let out a small sob of happiness from the crowd. He looked out—Mrs. and Mr. Weasley was tearful, while George, Percy, Bill, Ginny, Charlie and Ron grinned at Harry and Draco. Hermione and Luna were tearful too, while the rest of the guests were around the same state.

     Harry looked back at his soon-to-be-husband and Blaise said, "Now, Harry, listen closely. Do you take Draco to be your husband, your love, your forever and always?"

     "I do," Harry said, and Draco squeezed his hand, both still smiling. Blaise gave a small smile and looked at Draco.

     "Draco, do you take Harry to be your husband, to be your one and only, to be your soulmate?"

     "I do," Draco said, happy tears filling his eyes. The man rarely cried but he felt too happy at the moment. Blaise smiled.

     "Very well, then," Blaise said, straightening up. "I now pronounce you two husbands. Everyone, I present to you, Mr. and Mr. Malfoy. You may kiss."

     And the guests erupted in cheers and happy sobs as Harry leaned up and pressed his lips to Draco's. The couple shared the genuine, soft kiss and both felt ever so happy and delighted, like they were in Heaven, or the closest thing to Heaven on land, a blanket of warmth and love.

     When the two pulled away, Draco leaned his forehead against Harry's and put his hand on the side of Harry's hand. "Scared, Malfoy?" he asked jokingly, reimagining the taunt he'd spit so many times in Hogwarts.

     Harry chuckled softly and wrapped his arms around his husband, grinning still. "You wish."

     And the two kissed again, melting in a mix of love and comfort as the guests around them cheered on their new marriage.