XXI : Angels Like You

Start from the beginning

"What the fuck are you doing?" A man shouted at her while she was still on the ground. A couple of military cops with normal cops that were nearby ran towards them. With a loud groan, Irmina removed her helmet.

"Generallautenant!" Irmina handed them her helmet and took out her uniform jacket from her bag, checking another's watch.

"Are they—"

"Yes, Ma'am. The Captain and Generallautnanr are delaying."

"Your phone, Generallautenant."

Irmina cursed before the driver pushed her into them. She took a deep breath with her jaws clenching hard as she looked at the ground.

"Thanks for making me even later." Irmina huffed and started running to base. He really wanted a fight but of course, her soldiers wouldn't allow that and blocked him off.

"You are late!" Adelaide shouted at the Lieutenant General and noticed her trousers looked like it was skidded on the road. They saluted Irmina as they opened the gates. One took her bag but he was stopped so Irmina could get her beret. "Where's the bike?"

"Someone shouldn't be driving." Irmina sighed, fixing her beret and trousers. "Generallautnant Otto took the first 30 minutes and you are in your office, going through my reports."

Irmina exhaled deeply before she started running at a very fast pace that Adelaide couldn't keep up.

"Mäder! Fix your collar!" König voiced as she ran past him.

The Lieutenant furrowed his eyebrows, finding where's the problem with his collar after Irmina returned the salute, which he did. He then hid his laugh from the Colonel who is struggling to keep up with their boss.

<>

There was a knock on the door which spooked Natasha because the entire day is usually quiet unless it's Bernadette or Anna and sometimes the neighbours. She heard a muffled voice saying he was delivering and he was.

"Uh hi, for Natasha? Anyways there's a note saying uh—don't stay up too late?"

Natasha let out a deep sigh before thanking for the food delivery.

"Honestly, I could have figured dinner myself—" Natasha turned the note around and scoffed. It said that she could burn down the entire building because she couldn't cook. "You bitch but you're so right."

<>

"You didn't have to travel all the way to Kolbenz, just to do a check-up on me."

"I value you a lot, Generallautenant."

"Then please read my proposal, Mr. President."

"We can't become a military powerhouse again."

"Because of our history? That's complete bullshit."

"What would people think?"

"I am asking for this for our defence. We cannot compete with the big countries, it's impossible. Our Navy isn't even a navy, they're just six ships. Only 48% of our equipment works in the entire military. Nato has asked us to increase our budget because we are not spending enough. We aren't considered a proper military force."

"But—"

"Bundespräsident. You asked me to take over. This is me asking you to let me use the money we have and the power I have."