"Technically they aren't supposed to be finalized until tomorrow." Doriano speaks up, his voice slightly hesitant. Annachiara glares at him and he looks away, his lips thin and eyes avoidant.

"Doesn't matter if they're due tomorrow, next month, or next year, I want them done ASAP. Get them done by today." She demands before exiting the room. We all pull our laptops out, setting them on the table and getting to work.

•••••

Once I get home, I go through all the clothes in my closet trying to find a good outfit for tonight. The move was a perfect opportunity to get rid of a ton of clothes I didn't need anymore but what I failed to remember when I actually got here is to go shopping for clothes that wasn't for work.

Luckily I do have a few options, but I ultimately decide on a black dress. The other options were a pink dress and a blue floral one, neither seemed like the type of outfit to wear clubbing and although this one wasn't a similar style either, it was a neutral black color that goes with everything. And it has pockets.

Once I get changed, I take my hair down from the ponytail it was in

Once I get changed, I take my hair down from the ponytail it was in. I washed it last night and my natural waves looked so good today, so I want to leave it down. I got my skin prep done before starting the makeup. My concealer is a little yellow for my skin tone because I for some reason suck at picking the right one so I mix in some liquid blush before applying.

I contour my nose, add some blush, powder, curl my lashes, add some mascara, highlight and lip oil and I am out the door. However before so reach the door, Laura starts asking questions. "And when will you be home?" She asks.

"Definitely after midnight, potentially sleeping at Flora's apartment. I'll text you as soon as I find out." I reply and she nods, satisfied.

"And uh-" she begins, but hesitates. "How long will you be working with them exactly?" she asks. Now I'm confused.

My eyebrows furrow as I begin to place my keys in my small purse. "I just started working there a month ago, probably for another long while. Why do you ask?"

She sighs. "Look I don't want to sound like mom because our intentions are completely the opposite but Aria, seriously, I don't like you in that job." I was taken aback by this. She's never brought this up before although I've suspected it. It doesn't seem like something she would say.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Exactly what I said, Aria. This job is not you. You don't like this job and I can tell. I haven't seen your real smile in so fucking long. Every time I ask you what you like about your job all you say is good hours and good pay. You know how many jobs in the world are good hours and good pay? You don't like the job because you want to. You like it because you were able to achieve it at a young age to please mom and dad." She accuses and I freeze. I don't know what to say. That's not true. I don't think.