Friendzone (Benatar x Puff angst oneshot)

based off a new hc i have lolozlsozlaizlzoalzl anyway this is gonna be hard to write because my cats laying on me and taking away my right arm privileges
____________________

Puff knew what he felt, and that had never changed.

He wished for someone. He wished for love. That would always remain the same. He needed to say what he felt, let it out, shout it to the world, but not under his own name.

His admiration for the band's keytarist was an infernal force that could never be suffocated. Another force that was just as strong was his tough facade, and he tries his damnedest to make sure it doesn't go faded.

He sat at his desk, feelings unsubsided, trying to get his thoughts divided. He's gone a way to get a song at bay, but it was impossible, though clear as day.

He knew to write directly from the heart. Write down what he's wanted, ever since they met, way at the start.

He could write his feelings, but not in his own shoes. Keep the details vivid, but also so loose.

Be truthful. Be honest. Be anonymous. Be vague.

She doesn't know the half

In my wallet I keep a photograph

Puff thought to use someone new. 'Make sure no one knows it came from you.'

I've made my descision

For you babygirl, I'd change religions

His pencil scratched the paper with a deep intent, everything considered, his love being torment.

'Cuz in your eyes I see heaven

Girl I think about you 24/7

This was not his own story. This was just heavily projected, the lyrics becoming increasingly stormy.

Before the story ends

I wanna know, can we be more than friends?

___________________

The writing was done and morning has come, there Puff lay in his bunk, his feelings less bothersome.

He hugged his pillow from comfort and dispair, longing for Ben, so he can love him and stroke his hair.

His thoughts gave way. They say what they crave, go left and right, and swirl in a wave. Is he okay? Would Benatar work with this?

"Uh... Puff?"

Oh shit.

"I's 1 PM, love, are you alrigh'?"

"I.. uh... just peachy, man. Just um.. feeling kinda lazy."

Puff hid his red face in his pillow, the nickname sending him crazy. Ben called him 'love'?! Why's the world turning so hazy?!

"Ohh.. well.. we're abou' due to star' recording a new song... do you 'ave one wri'en?"

Puff lifted his head from the pillow, blushing under control, but deep down unbelievably smitten.

"..Yeah. It's kinda different from what I usually write but.. why not try something new?"

That was a lie. I wrote it because I can't stop thinking of you.

_________________________

this chapter is STUPID
MY RHYMING SKILLS ARE ASS