Epilogue

Four years later...
Port of Marseilles
Helena's POV
Sinclair's port has grown. He is a fine example of an heir who had no training from his father and yet has made a name for himself. It makes me wonder where I went wrong with Nickolas.

He has come a long way in the last two years. He's clean. No drama, no alcohol and no wild parties. I'm relieved that I don't have to read about him beating up paparazzi or his scandalous rendezvous with models. Nate was never that wild. But Marianna seems wild. Put her together with Nate and the result is an impossible grandchild! He is still disinherited. Until he proves himself worthy, I'm not taking him back.

I'm without an heir. I'm tempted to ask Nate to make me another. I hate this state of unknown. If I die today, who inherits my billions? Not Nick.

I turned my head towards the Cruise ships docked on the other side of the port. There is another success story. I just arrived here in one of the Cruise ships. I wanted a vacation and I chose Cruise de Marina.

Keira.

I don't think I have met her but I want to.

She's a success story because she rose from the ashes after Nick used her and dumped her. She holds her head high even through accusations of being a gold digger and some people in the business community not taking her success as her own but as Sinclair's money.

I don't see it that way. Most of us inherit wealth. What we make out of it is what counts. She was given a start up company valued at a million dollars and now it's worth twenty. Twenty times over is her hard work. Not Sinclair's.

There's a little girl playing on the port. She is completely unattended. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like to have a daughter. This one is a pretty little thing in her little pink shorts. She is chasing after a butterfly! I can't help but smile.

A sudden gush of wind blew away her pink hat, giving me a chance to look at her face. She is pretty indeed.

Castle is busy trying to update me on Bale Industries but I'm not paying attention. It's unusual for me not to pay attention to something as important as Bale Industries but something else has caught my eye.

I moved away to pick up the pink hat that has landed at my feet. I came down to her height just when she reached me.

"Hello little one."

She smiled at me. There's something oddly familiar about her. I can't say what it is. I offered her the hat.

She took it and put it on her head. She ran off with a skip in her step until she was grabbed by a woman. I watched to see what happens only to nearly suffer shock when she ended up in Sinclair's arms.

"Hmmm..." I sighed.

"Is it a good hmmm?" Castle asked me.

"Castle, can a dark haired man and a dark haired woman have a blonde daughter?" I asked.

"I would say genetics tend to be complicated."

"Really? I need a dossier on Theo Sinclair and Keira. Throw in their children as well. I'm curious."

A little girl has lost her hat. It blew to my feet. What does this mean?