𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗇𝖾𝗋 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗒

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘆, 𝗝𝗼𝘀𝗲𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗚𝗿𝗶𝗹𝗹, 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲. Today, she was actually having to wait on tables. One of which her uncle, Damon, and, Damon's new plaything, Andie, were currently sitting at. A short while later, the Saltzman girl saw Jenna and Elijah walk in and walk over to where they were sitting.

With a piqued interest, Josephine headed over to where they were but stopped a little ways away to listen in on the conversation.

"Hey, guys." Jenna greets.

"So, I hear you two had quite a meeting of historical minds today." Damon says with faux interest, as the two of them stop right at the table.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." Jenna responds.

There was some shuffling before Josephine heard her uncle say, "Well, as much as I'd like to continue this, I've got papers to grade."

The Saltzman girl held back a scoff, knowing full well that he was lying.

"No, you know what? We should continue this. Let's have a dinner party." Andie suggests excitedly.

"Ooh, my girl. Full of good ideas. I'll be happy to host. Say tonight. Maybe?" Damon asks.

"It's good for me. Jenna?" Andie says before looking in Jenna's direction."

"I don't know if tonight works—" Alaric begins to say only to be quickly cut off by Jenna. "Yeah, I'm free."

"It'd be a pleasure." Elijah responds.

"Great. What about you, Jo? You gonna come tonight?" Damon asks, causing the Saltzman girl to quickly turn around to face them only to see all of their eyes on her.

"Well, seeing as my uncle now has no choice but to be there, and I get off in an hour and a half....sure. I'll be there." Josephine responds before walking away, embarrassed that she had been caught.

↢✩✩✩↣

Josephine knew that there was some sort of ulterior motive behind this dinner party, just like how she knew that Damon had been compelling Andie. And, seeing as Damon doesn't necessarily like or even trust Elijah, Josephine knew that Damon was going to do something completely dumb tonight.

When she and her uncle arrived at the Boarding House, the Saltzman girl went to the dining room area while her uncle went to find Damon. Josephine may not know what the real reason behind this dinner party was, but she was sure as hell that she didn't want any part in it. If that meant that she helped Jenna and Andie set the table for the night's endeavors, then so be it.

"So, what's going on with you and Alaric? I feel like there's some tension." Andie suddenly asks Jenna, causing the strawberry-blonde woman to look up at her.

"I don't know." Jenna responds as she got back to putting plates on the table. "I really like him. It's more than like. And I want it to work, but I can't help but feel that he's hiding something from me. And then I've got John whispering things into my ear about him."

"Like what?" Andie asks.

"Things I don't want to believe. Things I don't believe, not if they're coming from John's mouth." Jenna says, letting out a slight chuckle towards the end.

"Oh, well, there you go, then. Trust is the key to any relationship." Andie states. "I mean, I am so grateful that Damon tells me everything."

Josephine couldn't help but let out a small chuckle at that statement. While she may not have been in a relationship herself, Josephine knew that the "relationship" between Damon and Andie was not actually how it was supposed to be.