𝖼𝗋𝗒𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗐𝗈𝗅𝖿

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺𝘀𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗼𝗻 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲'𝘀 𝗱𝗼𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗲-𝘀𝗶𝘇𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝗱. In the middle of the night, when they all were dozing off, Josephine decided to lie along the foot of the bed due to there not being a comfortable amount of space for all of them in the bed. The Saltzman girl had her head on two pillows and was slightly under a blanket that she had brought from her apartment. As the sun began to pour more light into the room, Josephine turned to bury her head into her pillow, trying to block out the sunlight from her closed eyes.

The sound of a phone ringing is what causes the four girls to wake up, groaning in annoyance at what was currently disturbing their slumber. All four girls knew that the phone that was ringing was Elena's, which is what causes Caroline to push the Gilbert girl off of the bed, tiredly mumbling, "Go away!"

Groaning, Elena crawls to the dresser, where her phone is. Grabbing it from the top of the dresser, the Gilbert girl immediately answers it. "Hello?"

"Elena!" Caroline whines out as Bonnie just hushes the Gilbert girl.

"Get out!" Josephine exclaims, chucking one of her pillows in the direction of the Gilbert girl. "It should be a crime to wake people up this early, especially when there's no school." the Saltzman girl states as she tries to get cozy in the bed to go back to sleep.

Just as she was about to doze back off to sleep, the sound of another phone ringing filled the room. This time, the phone that was ringing belonged to the Saltzman girl herself. At the sound of the phone, the remaining three girls let out frustrated groans as they all buried their faces into their respective pillows.

↢✩✩✩↣

"Did you really think that I wouldn't find out what happened last night" the voice of Josephine's uncle says, as he hands her a cup that was without a doubt filled with tea.

Unsurprisingly, information of all that transpired the previous night had been shared with the Saltzman man, 'causing Josephine to be dragged to the Historical Society High Tea event. To say that she was currently bored out of her mind would be an understatement.

"I was gonna tell you, but since you are all buddy-buddy with Damon, he beat me to it." Josephine says, taking a sip of the tea and grimacing at the taste before looking back up at her uncle. "At least they didn't severely hurt me, or worse, kill me."

"Tell that to the bruise on your cheek and the scab from your cut lip." Alaric retorts, pointing to each of the visible injuries on her face.

"And, as much as I would love to discuss them with you over a crappy cup of store-bought tea, I would honestly rather be anywhere but here. So, I will be sitting at the back porch area, contemplating my very existence." Josephine states, walking away from her uncle. Ignoring as he would softly call out her name.

Once the Saltzman girl made it to the back porch area of the Lockwood Mansion, she sat down in one of the many lounge chairs that were there. She then reached into her bag that she had slung over her shoulder, and pulled out her sketchbook. Opening it to a new page as she began to draw in it. She was not paying attention to anything happening around her, and she didn't notice a figure approaching her, until they spoke.

"You're an artist." the voice says, causing Josephine to jump slightly, startled. Turning her head, she saw that it was Elijah that had approached her, and at the sight of him she noticeably relaxed. "I apologize. I didn't mean to startle you. I simply wanted to see how you were doing, especially with what had transpired last night."