𝖻𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝗈𝗈𝗇

Beginne am Anfang

"Where is Mason anyway?" she asks, looking at her uncle with a look of confusion.

"I don't know, but Damon is on his way here. I'm willing to bet that he knows where Mason is." her uncle answered. "Just keep a lookout, ok?"

"Sure" the Saltzman girl agrees before walking back behind the bar.

↢✩✩✩↣

It was late afternoon when the business started to pick up as people started to pour into the building. Josephine found herself so busy with making drink after drink that she didn't notice a blonde-haired woman walk up to the bar.

"Hey, excuse me." the blonde said causing Josephine to look up and meet her gaze. "Uh, crazy question. Do you know Tyler Lockwood?"

"Well, other than the fact that he is the Mayors son, yes I do know him. I go to school with him. Who's asking?" the Saltzman girl states as she continues with what she was doing before the woman interrupted her.

"I'm Jules. I was trying to look for him, and I was informed that he would be here. But it seems that I might have missed him." the blonde, Jules, said before taking a seat at the bar.

"Yeah, he was here a few hours ago but he left. Don't ask me where he went because I wouldn't be able to tell you." Josephine stated as she grabbed a glass from under the counter. "Can I get you something?"

"Sure. Strawberry margarita on the rocks, please." Jules orders, and as Josephine gets to work on making her drink, Jules looks at the girl with a peak interest while also catching a particular scent. "Say, aren't you a bit young to be tending a bar?"

"Well, the way that I see it is that either I'm too young to be bartending, or this place is just that desperate for workers. The only reason I have this job is because my uncle asked a fellow classmate of mine to see if this place could get me a job, even though I would rather be anywhere but here." the Saltzman girl explained, handing Jules her drink.

"Why do you say that?" Jules asked, intrigued.

"Let's just say that a few things have happened, and this is my uncle's way of keeping an eye on me whilst also punishing me." the Saltzman girl stated before walking away. Jules' gaze followed her retreating figure with a look of interest.

↢✩✩✩↣

A few more hours had passed, and the sun was now setting as more and more people came into the Mystic Grill. Josephine was standing in one of the corners of the bar constantly glancing at the clock, which seemed to drag on and on, waiting for it to be time for her to be able to get out of there.

The Saltzman girl then noticed her uncle approaching the seat at the bar that was next to where Jules was sitting. "Well, hello." he greets her with slurred speech. "Jovi, Can I have a scotch and whatever this beautiful woman is drinking?"

"Since when did you drink scotch?" the Saltzman girl asked as she walked forward to prepare the drinks.

"No, one is my limit." Jules declines, letting out a light laugh.

"Oh, come on. It's not like I'm a freak." Alaric says as he takes his drink from Josephine.

"That's what you'd like to believe." the Saltzman girl muttered under her breath.

"I'm just being friendly to somebody who's new to town." Alaric continued, not having heard Josephine's snide little comment.

"Okay, if you insist." Jules says shrugging her shoulders. "How do you know I'm new?"

"Because he's a stalker." Josephine jokingly says, which earns her a disapproving look from her uncle before he turns his attention back to Jules.

"Because I've never seen you here before, and I'm here every night." Alaric states, answering her question.