𝗆𝖺𝗌𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗋𝖺𝖽𝖾

Start from the beginning

"You wanted us to show you how to kill a vampire." Josephine says as she notices how the eldest Salvatore flinched away from her uncle.

↢✩✩✩↣

"Are you sure you guys don't want me there tonight?" Alaric asks. The small group standing together in a circle in the middle of the living room area of the Salvatore Boarding House.

"No, I need you to stay with Elena. I don't want her to know about this." Stefan answers.

"Plus, I'm gonna be there, Uncle Alaric. We'll be fine!" Josephine responds, even though it barely puts her uncle's nerves towards her at ease.

"Okay. Well, I'll make sure she doesn't leave my sight." the Saltzman man says to Stefan. Then he turns his attention towards his niece, saying, "And you better be careful tonight, Jovi. The last thing I want is to be hearing that you got yourself hurt, or worse killed!"

"Have some faith in me! I'll be fine!!" the Saltzman girl exclaimed throwing her hands into the air.

"Alright, if anybody wants to back out, I'll understand." Stefan says looking around at the rest of the group.

"Yeah, cold feet speak now. I don't want this going wrong because someone chickens out. Caroline?" Damon says, looking towards the Forbes vampire.

"I won't" she says before noticing the almost disbelieving look that Damon was giving her, "Look, she killed me. Fair's fair. As long as there's no werewolf running around."

"Oh, I took care of Mason." Damon says with a smug look on his face.

"As long as Tyler doesn't kill anyone, he won't turn." Jeremy adds.

'And as long as I don't kill anyone, I'll be fine.' the Saltzman girl thinks to herself. After finding out what the Lockwood's were, and it being the reason that Tyler Lockwood and his father were affected by the Gilbert Device, Josephine has been careful with everything she does.

"Bonnie? Are you with us?" Stefan asks the Bennett witch. There's a momentary pause before she says, "But no one gets hurt."

"Except Katherine. Tonight Katherine gets a stake through her heart." Damon says smugly with a serious look on his face.

↢✩✩✩↣

"You're 100% sure that you'll be fine with doing this without me tonight?" Alaric asks his niece as she finishes pinning her hair up into a messy bun updo, with a few strands of curled hair hanging loose framing the girls face.

"I'll be fine, uncle Alaric. I promise!" Josephine says turning around to face him. The Saltzman girl standing in front of her uncle wearing a knee length dress.

"I think this is the first time I'm ever seeing you in a dress." Alaric states, looking at his niece with a look of complete awe.

"That's because I don't really wear them." the Saltzman girl say smoothing down her dress before asking, "How do I look?"

"You look beautiful, Jovi. I wish your mom and dad could see the woman you've grown up to be." the Saltzman man states. His words causing the Saltzman girl to smile sadly.

"Sometimes I wonder what they would think. If they saw me now, you know?" she says looking down shyly.

"They'd be proud of you. I know it." Alaric assures his niece. Josephine looks to him with tears starting to pool in her eyes, saying, "I miss them."

"I know, Jovi" Alaric says bringing the girl into a comforting hug as he says, "I know. I miss them too."

↢✩✩✩↣