chapter 10| alone.

AUTHORS NOTE

Before the story starts, I want to apologize for not uploading new chapters. I've just been really lazy for no reason, and honestly, I kind of forgot about this.

To make up for it, I'll be uploading 3 new chapters.

Thanks for reading!!!

enjoy this chapter!

There is one thing I hate more than anything in the world: back-to-school season

I know, for many, it's all about the excitement of buying new supplies, clothes, getting your hair and nails done. But for me, the thrill fades fast. After the first two weeks of school, it all seems to lose its luster. Maybe my parents never made a big deal out of it, or perhaps I've just outgrown the hype.

Today, I find myself alone. Purposefully so. I've asked all my friends not to text me, not to call me, not to come to my house—nothing. With school starting in about a week, I need some time for myself. The entire summer was spent with friends, not a single day alone or indoors. Today, that's exactly what I need.

After completing my morning rituals, I find myself lounging on the sofa, mindlessly watching TV.

Later, I plan to do some shopping for school supplies. Then, I have a hair appointment at 3:15 PM, followed by a nail appointment at 5:50 PM. It's a day to take care of myself, to prepare for the inevitable return to the school routine.

3:10

I leave the house for my hair appointment. Today, I'm going for a butterfly haircut with blond highlights on my brunette hair.

As I arrive at the hair salon, I'm warmly welcomed by the receptionist at the door.

"Hi there, what time is your appointment scheduled for?" she asks.

"It's at 3:15," I reply, glancing at the clock. It's 3:17, so I'm a couple of minutes late, but it's not a big deal.

"Alright, take a seat in the third chair down this row, and Shayla will take care of you," she smiles, pointing towards a luxurious leather chair paired with a dark wooden vanity adorned with bulb lights and shelves filled with hair products.

"Thank you," I smile back, making my way to the designated seat. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror as I settle into the chair, and the hairdresser behind me smiles warmly.

"So, what are we doing today?" she asks.

"I was thinking a butterfly haircut with some blonde highlights," I reply.

"Ooo, that would look so good on you, it would match your eyes," she smiles, gesturing to my hazel eyes.

"Thanks," I laugh.

She gathers the necessary products and begins to work her magic.

Two hours later

The hairdresser taps me on my shoulders, pulling me out of my phone-induced trance.