chapter 7| talk

I'm confused

I'm confused...

Last night, Everly and I nearly kissed. How? Well, it all started when I called her "buttercup"...

RECAP  

"You think I'm cute?" Everly asks, feeling blush creeping onto her cheeks.

I looks into her eyes and then down to my lips.

What is happening?

"Yes, you are. Hasn't anyone told you that before?" I asks softly.

"No," She admits, feeling mesmerized by my gaze.

She continues to stare as I leans closer, and she finds herself doing the same.

Are we about to kiss?

I gently tucks a strand of hair behind her ear and lean in closer. She feel butterflies fluttering in her stomach as I places my hand on her face, drawing me in closer.

Our lips are almost about to touch when we're interrupted by the sound of the front door slamming shut, making her flinch and ruining the moment.

----

Anyways that happend...

after that almost-kiss moment with Everly, Hailey stormed into the living room in tears.

Hailey rushed in, tears streaming down her face. She poured out her heart to Everly: Kayden kissed her, then bailed without a word, only to send a text later, brushing off the kiss as no big deal and asking her to just forget it. The worst part? Hailey's been crushing on him forever. I wemt home, things were getting awkward, and I was blushing like crazy.

So, I'm headed over to Kayden's place. Hailey practically begged me to talk to him about what went down.

Since last night with Everly, she's been on my mind nonstop. I just hope things aren't weird between us now.

 💫

A few minutes later, I arrive at Kayden's place. I ring the doorbell, and he shouts from inside to wait a moment before opening the door. When he does, he's wearing headphones and holding a controller.

"Oh, sup' Jayce, come in," he says.

I step inside and settle onto the sofa, while he grabs a chair and sits opposite me.

"Uhm.. we need to talk," I say.

"Yeah, what's up?" he asks.

"It's about Hailey and what happened with you guys last night," I tell him.

"Shit. She told you?" he asks.

"Okay," he says, his tone heavy with regret.

"What happened?" I inquire.

"Don't you already know?" he replies.

"Well, Hailey said you kissed her and you left right away, telling her to just forget about it," I say.