chapter 4|water park

How is she so cute? That's all I can think about right now

I'm holding Everly's hand. She's skipping along, swinging her arms up and down. 

As we stroll into the hotel lobby, the receptionist greets us with a warm smile.

"Hi there, how can I assist you guys?" she chirps from behind the front desk.

"Um, we've got three rooms reserved under the names of Chase Bentley, Kayden Eli, and Jayce Middleton," Chase announces.

All the guys chipped in for the rooms, a fair trade considering the girls covered the entrance fees to the water park. With six of us, we figured we could bunk up in pairs and save some cash.

"Alright, perfect. I've got your names in the system. Your room numbers are 354, 353, and 352," she confirms with a nod.

"Thanks," Chase replies, and we head toward the elevator, ready to settle into our accommodations for the weekend.

Everly hits the elevator button as we all step in and press the button for the third floor.

"Oh my gosh, guys, you know what we should do?" Everly's face lights up.

"What?" Hailey asks, leaning in.

Everly grins. "Oh my god, Everly, I'm not doing that," Nicole interrupts, sensing Everly's plan.

"I'm confused," I admit, watching the exchange, unsure of what's going on.

"Let's jump!" Everly declares, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

"No way, Everly," Kayden protests firmly.

"I'm with Kayden on this one," Chase adds, backing him up.

"Count me out too," Nicole and Hailey chime in simultaneously, sharing a look of solidarity.

I watch as Everly's smile dims, disappointment flickering across her face.

"I'll do it," I volunteer suddenly, catching her off guard.

Her expression brightens instantly. "Okay, let's do it!" she exclaims excitedly, seizing my hands as we begin to jump together.

The others just roll their eyes, shake their heads and laugh at Everly's childishness.

A few seconds later, the elevator doors slide open, and we step out onto the third floor. Everly skips ahead, her grin as wide as ever.

I can't help but smile too. Seeing her so happy is infectious.

It's cute.

We gather in front of our designated hotel rooms.

"Okay, who's sharing rooms with who?" Nicole takes charge of the logistics.

"I could share with Hailey, is that okay?" Kayden proposes.

"Yeah, it's fine," Hailey replies to Kayden's suggestion.