Before Everything Spirals I

The town was bustling as per usual around this time. Shops were just as busy and crowded, the consistency of chattering was so loud, it wouldn't be surprising if enemies were attracted by the active town. This is what Draco— current commander of the Libertas Knights— mind sometimes plagued.

Those have told him countless times that "this land does not have enemies, it conquers peace."

Ironic as it is— this dominion doesn't have its disruptions because the land has been in isolation for more than a decade. No one shall go in unless given permission by some authority or a specific matter.

Same applies that no one ought to go out.

It wasn't till a new ruler had taken over the throne that the city gates were unlatched once more. Like a creature being broken from its chains and given the reward of freedom, Libertas now takes a turn for anew.

Draco had received countless praises such as cunning— always calculating and perceiving the possible outcomes. It's his intelligence that's feared on the battlefield, surprisingly.

Though he does not lack strength, in fact, for if it wasn't his supposed robustness, he probably wouldn't have been offered the position of commander and only be second in command. A strategist.

His sharp reckoning skills guided those under his command in battle, even a dragon didn't stand a chance against him nor his team. That's what Draco boasted when found in a local bar, his words aslur.

Oh, how the ebony craves to cradle a glass of brewed beer...

As of now, the ebony was set on duty. He usually did his patrols in the earliest of sun rays. However, not only had he
Woke up to a disorganized sight( a certain canine in the middle of the living room, chewing away on his bone. Oblivious to his owner's disoriented gaze as he took in the scene of shredded and minced furniture.)

On top of that, the slightly off putting of news.

The vile witch— sorcerer had sent him an unwelcoming letter. It took him mostly morning to comprehend the details he was told.

||  Dear Commander(Draco)

    How does life gift you, brother? Are you enjoying the lively land and its people? Are you savoring the scrumptious fights you indulge in and flaunt your capabilities? Do you feel the anew breeze and— perhaps pines wifting in the air? The gust that blows as the gates to freedom have opened?

Draco could imagine her goaded chuckle as he scanned through the nonsense she wrote. He 'tsked', getting impatient and skimming through the rest of the letter.

His eyes stopped and calculatedly moved across certain words.

||  ...Well, I cease off the greetings and continue upon the cause of this letter. The sovereign's disappearance is quite the cold mystery. Along with the court's involvement...

  Anyways, I just wanted to warn one to be wary of the court. They are quite deceptive— shall you give them the opportunity, they won't hesitate to make haste and quickly shut you up! Got that? Would I need to spell it out to you, halfwitted dragon? Don't entail yourself with the court!

You are the only few who understand what's only the beginning before the start.

Oh and I've heard we've received a new Queen! Do tell Funneh not to make rash decisions, hm? And bid the others my greetings!

Until next time, mini scamp.||

A violent thud ripped through the average home that fore moon. A gaze with such pique, his seething abundantly stuffing the room. Even the frisky canine bowed his head whimpering, shrinking in his corner.