Chapter 5

The morning sun streamed through the curtains, casting a warm, golden glow across the room. I awoke, momentarily disoriented, trying to piece together the events of the previous day. As I turned to my side, my heart skipped a beat, and I found myself face to face with Alexander.

He was awake, his gaze fixed on me with a mixture of tenderness and something else, something unreadable. Memories from the dream that had unfolded in the meadow rushed back to me.

I turned to him, my voice barely a whisper as I spoke the truth that now lay bare before us. "You're a... werewolf."

Alexander's expression remained composed, as if he had expected this moment. His voice was calm, his words carrying a weight of truth that I couldn't ignore. "Yes, I am."

I let out a breath at hearing Alexander's confirmation, my mind still trying to grasp the reality of his revelation.

"Why did you kidnap me, Alexander?"

His response was measured, his fingers tracing a strand of hair away from my face. His touch was gentle, sending shivers down my spine. His eyes, those deep, enigmatic eyes, held so much emotion that it left me breathless.

"You're my mate, Isabella," he replied softly, his voice carrying a weight of longing and desire that made my heart race.

He leaned in, his lips brushing against mine, and I could taste the intensity of his desire. His voice was a whisper, his words meant for my ears alone. "It means that we're meant to be together, Isabella. That our souls are intertwined, and that no matter what challenges lie ahead, we'll face them together."

His words hung in the air, the enormity of their meaning sinking in. Mate. It was a word that held significance beyond anything I had ever imagined, a connection that defied logic and reason. My heart pounded in my chest, and I realized that this revelation had just changed everything between us.

As I gazed into Alexander's eyes, I saw a vulnerability that mirrored my own.
I reached out, my fingers lightly brushing against his cheek, tracing the contours of his face. The connection between us felt, and my heart responded with a fierce, unyielding longing. We were bound by something greater than ourselves, and there was no turning back.

In that moment, as his lips met mine in a tender, passionate kiss a surge of longing and desire coursed through me. But as quickly as it had begun, I ended the kiss. I pushed Alexander away, my heart pounding, and my mind struggling to make sense of the whirlwind of emotions that had enveloped me.

"No," I whispered, my voice trembling as I backed away from him, "don't kiss me."

Alexander's eyes searched mine, his expression a mix of longing and regret. "Isabella..."

I couldn't hold back the surge of frustration and anger that surged within me. "You kidnapped me, Alexander," I said, my voice trembling with the weight of my words. "You took me from my home, from my life, and you ignored me for an entire day. You can't just kiss me and expect everything to be okay."

He looked pained, as if my words had struck a deep chord within him. "Isabella, I know I've done the unforgivable by taking you from your home, and I can't apologize enough for that. But please understand, I had no other choice. I had to protect you, and I didn't have time to explain."

His sincerity tugged at my heart, but it wasn't enough to erase the confusion and fear that had taken hold of me. I took a step back, needing space to collect my thoughts and emotions.

"Protect me from what? Why couldn't you just talk to me, tell me what was happening?"

He sighed, his shoulders slumping slightly as he struggled to find the right words. "There are things about my world, our world, that you wouldn't understand, Isabella. And there are dangers that you couldn't possibly be prepared for. I had to bring you here to keep you, my mate safe, even if it meant you'd be angry with me."