.𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤.

Zacznij od początku

He couldn't help but smile as he recalled how, amidst the chaos after the confrontation with Luther, she had been worried about his tailored suit. He remembered the concern in her eyes when she had noticed the faint stain of her own blood on his jacket when she hugged him.

The night turned to a new morning and he was aware of the battles it would bring for the Princess.

His phone buzzed, bringing him back to reality. It was a message from Kai, reminding him of the upcoming interrogation with the authorities regarding the incident. He knew he had to leave his thoughts behind and focus on the task at hand.

As he arrived at Evangeline's residence, he could see the exhaustion in her eyes, but she maintained a calm and composed demeanor as she spoke with the officers. Damien knew that her strength was not just a facade; it was an integral part of who she was. He wanted to ask everyone to leave so that the Princess could rest, he was aware of her nightmares and so he was sure she wouldn't have slept last night, it was evident on her face.

She had to rest, but there was no time. The officers needed their statements. They even called Mrs. O'Connor and she was happy to help. She even stated there was a camera on the street for the cops to get the evidence. It would work best against the case of Joseph Luther.

Amidst the chaotic aftermath of the previous night's events and Evangeline's statements, Damien's phone rang. He walked to the corner and when he answered, he found himself speaking with none other than the King, Evangeline's father.

"Mr. Whitmore," the King's voice was filled with a mixture of relief and gratitude, "I wanted to personally thank you for protecting my daughter. The entire royal family is deeply grateful for your action."

Damien, always composed and professional, replied with a respectful tone, "Your Majesty, it was my duty to ensure Princess Evangeline's safety. I'm just glad we were able to resolve the situation without any lasting harm."

He had to inform the Royal Palace foremost. He did it as soon as he cleaned up her wound in the cafe. He told them about the attack and the injury she had endured.

The King's voice softened, "You went above and beyond your duty, Mr. Whitmore. You not only protected her but also comforted her when she needed it most. Your actions have not gone unnoticed."

The king talked to his daughter when Damien called last night. Evangeline narrated the whole story to her father, he was worried sick, and he only wanted to bring her back home. He wanted to have his daughter safe in his arms.

Damien assured The King that his daughter was safe and that he'd update with every detail about her. The call ended and Damien sighed.

Walking back to the girls, he found the Princess still engaged with the officers, answering their questions with composure.

Her eyes, though tired, lit up when they met his. She offered him a weak but grateful smile. He simply stood there, offering her a reassuring smile.

▪️▪️▪️

As evening settled over the city, Damien prepared to take Evangeline to the hospital to have her wound checked. The day had been a whirlwind of activity, and the weight of recent events still hung in the air. His primary concern was for the princess's well-being, and he wanted to ensure her injury was properly cared for.

Just as they were about to leave, the front door swung open, and in walked Theodore.

His eyes locked onto Damien, and the rage that had been simmering beneath the surface since the previous night erupted like a volcanic explosion. Theodore's expression darkened, and it was clear that he had lost all control over his emotions.