Chapter 13: When one door closes another one opens

Start from the beginning

Addie- well since you insist we will go but would you like anything. We will bring you something to eat.

My sister knows what I eat, so I will let her pick something and thank you.

Dex- Your so welcome, and hopefully next time we see you it will be better circumstances.

Definitely hope so too.

And with that her family and my sister left. The only thing between me and Jade is this one door, but why am I so nervous?

I finally knocked on the door and peeked my head in and asked if I could come in. I see Jade sitting in a chair. She looks up at me and nods her head telling me that it's okay to come in.

I shut the door behind me and then walked over to her. She was looking at the ground again. So when I reached her I knelt down and put my hands on her knees and looked up at her. I looked into her eyes and told her that everything is okay and that I am here for her. I started to rub her knees to reassure her.

She finally looks me in the eyes and puts her hands on mine.

Jade- you are way too nice to me. I don't deserve someone like you in my life.

Hey don't say that ( I wipe away her tears.) if anything I am so lucky to have you in my life.

Jade- like always you know what to say.

With that I stood up and so did she and I embraced her and she embraced me. We stayed like that for a while until we broke apart.

In this moment all I can think about is her and I just can't explain how I feel about her and how she makes me feel. All I know is that I will never let anyone hurt her again.

From that moment on she talks to me about how much she is excited about basketball season and hopes she gets to see me play and actually gets to see the whole game. Which honestly makes me happy. I told her that I do plan on seeing a couple of her games also. Which makes her blush and it made me feel good to know that I have that effect on her.

We also talked about holidays and how we are spending them. Apparently the thanksgiving basketball tournament is in Indianapolis this year. Which of course UConn is playing in it so we can have a Friendsgiving dinner with my teammates and sister. So it's definitely something to look forward to. You never know we could even spend Christmas together. I guess I am just going to hope that it comes true.

A little bit later my sister shows up with my food. I started to eat and I noticed the look on Jade's face. I took my sandwich and split it and gave one half to Jade. Which she accepted.

We sat there eating together and when we finished we had to go back to the courtroom because the judge and jury have came to a verdict.

We walked to the lobby together, but then she had to meet with her lawyers. She turned towards me and hugged me. I held her and told her that everything will be okay. I gave her a small squeeze before letting go and walking back into the courtroom to sit with my team.

Jade

I honestly wish I could have stopped Nika from leaving my side. I wish she could hold me when they tell us the verdict.

My legal team informed me that we are just going in to hear out the judge and jury. So all I have to do is be present.

When we walked into the courtroom. I am trying to be confident and brave. I am ready to hear the verdict.

All rise for Judge.

Judge- You may be seated. And Jury what is your verdict.

Jury- We find Mr. Matthew Wells guilty.