His birthday (Chapter 1)

As October 4th arrived, three years had already passed quickly since their deaths, as had his birthday, but Sullivan has still not been able to tell Iruma what happened to his parents; he still couldn't get the courage to do so. Each day, he still struggles to think of what he will tell him if ever the day comes to his mind, but this isn't the day to think about this matter. This day was also his precious grandson's birthday. His thoughts suddenly ended when someone suddenly talked, and then he just remembered that he was currently at the meeting of the thirteen crowns on the 666th floor of Babel Tower, and he was now with his friends talking about certain things.

"Sully, are you okay? You have been spacing out for a while now," Belial said, filled with concern in his voice. "Yeah, I'm just thinking about something," Sullivan assured his friend. "Sully, isn't today little Iru's birthday??" Levi asked her friend for the information that she just remembered a few minutes ago. "Yeah," Sullivan replied to his friend, wondering why she asked. "You should go now, Sully; you should celebrate his birthday with him. I know that he would love that," Belial told his friend with a smile on his face, even though it might not show on his face because of his beard.

"Are you sure that I can go now? What about the meeting?" Sullivan asked in shock about what his friend had just said. "Don't worry about the meeting; we'll cover it for you, and make sure to have fun with your grandson. Levi assured her friend that it's okay with them. "Thanks guys; that's why I love you." Sullivan thanked his friends and thought to himself that he had such great friends. "No worries, Sully, what friends are we if we don't let you go to your only grandson's birthday and, by the way, say Iruma Happy Birthday for us''Belial said to his friend, which made Sullivan smile, though it wasn't noticeable because of his beard.

"I got it," Sullivan answered, and he immediately went straight to the window and started to fly towards home. But while he was flying, there was an idea that suddenly came to his mind: he decided to go somewhere to grab gifts for his precious grandson that he knew he would love.

——————————

Meanwhile, at the Sullivan Manor, Iruma was now looking out the window that his room has; he was wondering when his grandfather would come home for his birthday. He had been waiting for him for a few minutes now, hoping that he would see his grandfather sooner. His surroundings were too quiet when he suddenly got startled when he heard a familiar voice behind his back. When he turned around, it was their butler and his babysitter, Opera. "Iruma sama, you shouldn't stay in the window for too long. I know your grandpa would immediately go back home to celebrate your birthday today," Opera assured their young master, trying to get him off the window.

"Weally?" Iruma said while hoping that Opera was telling the truth. "Yes, of course, Iruma sama, so please stay away from the window; you might catch a cold, and your grandpa would be worried if you did catch it," Opera said while they were thinking how cute their young master was, and he was still not able to pronounce the letter "R," and Iruma quickly did what Opera had just said. The two started playing together a few minutes back until they heard a sudden shouting that was coming from the door: "Irummmmaaa, where are you? Grandpa is here." Sullivan shouted from the door loudly enough to hear where they were.

"See, I told you he would come home immediately, young master. You should go now; probably he was waiting for you," Opera told their young master while patting his head. "Thanks, Opewa," Iruma told the butler while hugging them and starting to run. As Iruma was running towards his grandfather, he saw him holding something in the box that he thought would be his birthday present, but he was wondering why it had holes in it. "Gwandpapa, gwandpapa, you awe back, what is that?" He asked his grandfather, still wondering what was inside of it. "Iruma, this is my birthday present for you. Wanna take a look?" Sullivan said as he handed the gift to Iruma.

Iruma slowly opened the gift that his grandfather gave him, and once he completely opened it, he saw a puppy—a very small puppy that has a cute appearance yet has an elegant appearance. Iruma wondered what kind of puppy it was, so he asked his grandfather, "Gwandpapa, what kind of puppy is this?" He looked at his grandfather with a confused look in his eyes. "Ohhh, right, I think that one is called a Devi toy poodle. It is one of the most intelligent dogs that ever has; it's the best dog for you," Sullivan told Iruma, which made him confused about what his grandfather meant.

When Sullivan noticed Iruma's confusion in his face, he decided to change the subject to naming the puppy. "By the way, Iruma, do you have any names in mind to give your new puppy?" Sullivan asked his grandson. "Hmmm, how about Layla??" Iruma immediately said to his grandfather that he was left shocked because he knew in himself that he had never mentioned that name before, and he was aware that Opera would never tell Iruma without his permission. But he decided to brag it off into his mind and thinks that maybe it was just a mere coincidence.

Iruma would never discover it without anyone telling him about it; he doesn't want to tell Iruma about what happened to his parents, at least not yet. He wasn't ready to tell him. "Iruma, Layla is a lovely name, sweetheart. But why did you choose it?" Sullivan asked his grandson. "I don't know, gwandpapa. I think that name has a special meaning to me." Iruma answered his grandfather while Iruma started playing with his new friend's dog. It sure does have a special meaning for you. Iruma, don't worry; I would tell you everything, but not now. I'm not yet ready to tell you. Sullivan thought to himself while staring at Iruma while still playing with Layla.

Everything stayed as it was until Opera called the two, "Sullivan sama, Iruma sama, it was time for dinner." When the two heard them, they immediately went to the dining area and saw them there waiting. Upon entering, Opera saw the dog that Sullivan gave to Iruma. "Iruma sama, it's a very cute dog. Does it have a name?" Opera asked his young master while patting the dog. "It's Layla." Iruma immediately answered Opera's question. Which made Opera stare blankly and turn to Sullivan as if they were asking if he had already told him the truth about what happened to his parents.

But they saw him telling them the word no without any sound. Then they turned their attention to Iruma once again and saw that he was already eating the food that they had prepared. Iruma looked so delighted with the food that they had prepared. Minutes had passed, everyone had already finished eating their foods, and it was already time for dessert. Opera brought out the cake that they had made earlier in the day. Opera distributed the cake and started to eat it. As they were eating the cake, they all laughed together, and Sullivan told stories to Iruma about his companions and what is happening to the school that he has been running for ages now. There are so many stories that Sullivan has shared that Iruma enjoyed listening to.

Hours have already passed, and the night that was filled with enjoyment and laughter has come to an end when it is already Iruma's bedtime and Sullivan has already tackled him into his bed. For the last time before going to bed, Sullivan asked Iruma something: "Iruma, are you happy today?" He asked, "Yes, gwandpapa, I do, but there is something empty inside me. I don't know what," Iruma said to his grandfather. "And so do I and I wanted to tell you everything, but I can't tell you what it was. Don't worry, dear, I will tell you everything you need to know once you have grown up, and I have gathered myself to tell you," Sullivan told him as he saw that Iruma was starting to fall asleep with his new friend beside him. He tackled Iruma's blanket, kissed him on the forehead, and said goodnight before leaving Iruma's room.

Kalego's Love At First SightOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara