the heart thief - |32|

ابدأ من البداية

           The crowd went wild, and all heads turned toward the entrance as a figure made his way toward the ring. I stared up as the fighter RH got on stage and his face was suddenly before me, illuminated by the lights. My heart momentarily stopped, and I found myself standing, my gaze riveted to Roman's face, bathed in the harsh glare of the lights. He appeared flawless, from the taper of his hips and slender waist to his broad shoulders. The V-shape of his obliques led to his black shorts, showcasing a physique sculpted with well-defined muscles, each one taut and chiseled.

          The shock of seeing him here in the ring, ready to fight, left me speechless. Isaac and Shane, standing beside me, were equally shocked, their expressions mirroring the disbelief that coursed through my veins.

           "What the fuck?" Shane cried in alarm. "What the fuck is he doing?"

          The cheers and chants from the crowd seemed to recede into the background as a wave of disbelief engulfed me, leaving me standing there, immobile. It felt impossible, surreal even. It couldn't be true, couldn't be Roman standing in that ring, prepared to fight. My mind struggled to process the sight before me.

          I swiftly left my seat and moved through the crowd, making my way toward the ring. Isaac and Shane tried to call me back, but I ignored them. I couldn't just stand by and watch. My heart ached with worry, and I had to take him out of the ring before the fight could start.

          Reaching the edge of the ring, I stood there, just outside the ropes. I screamed his name, trying to catch his attention. His head turned in my direction, and our eyes locked. There was a glimmer of amusement in his eyes. The crowd's anticipation hung in the air as Roman approached the edge of the ring. He didn't leave it, but he leaned over the ropes, his voice low.

          "You came."

           My voice quivered as I replied, "What are you doing? Get down from there."

           He cast a glance toward the ring and then back at me, his gaze intense. "If I come down, will you take me back?" I stared at him, rendered speechless by his unexpected ultimatum. He looked back at the ring, then back at me, his eyes searching mine. "Unless you agree that we're meant to spend the rest of our lives together, and you don't push me away anymore, Millie, then I'll come down and go home with you."

           My disbelief and concern turned into anger. "What the hell are you playing at?"

           Roman sighed, a somber expression clouding his features. He pulled back, turning away from me, as if retreating from our conversation. I tried to get his attention again, but he seemed determined to ignore me. The announcer's voice boomed through the arena, introducing his opponent, Berserker, a giant who towered over him, and I felt a knot tighten in my stomach. It was clear that Roman couldn't win against him.

          Desperation surged within me as I reached out to him again. "Roman, please, come down from there. You're going to get yourself killed by being stubborn."

           He remained steadfast, his gaze fixed on Berserker as he flexed his arms at his sides, stretching his fingers out and bouncing on his calves. It was as if he had made up his mind, and he was just waiting for me to make mine. The crowd's excitement grew, the atmosphere charged with tension. There was nothing more I could do from the sidelines except watch.

           As the fight started, I could hardly bear to watch. Roman threw the first punch that connected and knocked Berserker's face to the side. His opponent evaded the second punch, came back up and hit back. I flinched at the power in his punch, his muscles contracting and tensing, working and releasing, with each punch he delivered. It was so much obvious that he was more experienced with the way he moved, his speed, and his strength.