"What of Yi-Ti?" Visenya asked.

"Daemion found a common ground with the Emperor."

"Tell me about it."

                          _________________

Daemion walked to the old garden of Aegon fort, now reinvented. The weirdwood tree was a beautiful touch indeed.

But not as beautiful of the woman who was sitting beneath it. A book in her hands and a cat curled next to her.

"Beautiful, isn't it Daem?" Rhaena closed her book and picked her cat up, cradling it in her arms.

She started walking up to Daemion.

"It is. I am sure queen Rhaenys would have loved the weirdwood tree." Daemion looked at the cat in her arms. Six moons old probably Daemion thought. Fluffy and charming little thing, the white furs added more it's cuteness. "Precious little thing" Daemion dragged his finger on the cats head.

"She is. Though I have been considering to get her a pair." Rhanea raised her cradled arms so Daemion could have a better look. "You wish to hold her?"

Daemion was uncertain. The little thing looked fragile. The fear of hurting the little thing swam inside of him, seeing Rhaena's horrified face was the last thing he wished to see. "I am not sure, princess."

"Take her." And Rhaena gently placed the kitten in Daemion's arms.

The cat was fluffy and warm, fo which it brought a small smirk to his lips.

"What would Dreamfyre say if she saw you cuddling another Princess?" Daemion teased.

"Probably the same thing Modread would say if he saw you like this."

"Oh he wouldn't say anything." Daemion chuckled underneath his breath "He would rather feast on my bones than to share me with another."

"Well, I cannot say that I blame him." Rhaena teased the raven prince.

Daemion could feel his ears turning red, to which he thanked the gods that his hair covered his ears.

"How was your flight cousin?" Daemion asked.

"It was quite delightful. You should have flew a little longer Daem."

"Please forgive me cousin. I wanted to see my grandmother."

"I am not quite sure that I can forgive you for that cousin. Missing such weather is a sin." Rhaena joked.

"Then how can I atone for my great sin, my princess?" Daemion made a sorrowful face.

Rhaena softly giggled. "Join me for a flight."

"Is it allowed that the princess of the realm to fly so far from home?" Daemion slowly placed the cat in Rhaena's arms.

"You seem to forget that I'm not the only princess, Daemion."

"True. You are unlike any other princess I've ever met."

"You've met many?" Rhaena asked, not sure if she wanted to know the answer.

Daemion's eyes fell on the look in Rhaena's eyes. He knew that look. He well remembered.

Crimson flower... crimson dress. At the dead of the night standing in front of the great palace... the bright moon of Yi-Ti as the witness...

"Your heart belongs to another..."

Oh it did.

She was perfect... anything any man could have ever asked for in a woman. She was all that and even more. Enough to have men on their knees, ready to worship her. He himself could have loved her...And yet his heart remained not with her... it remained with Rhaena... with a woman he dared not to even say her name. She was not Rhaena.