[116] The Colosseum (4)

Start from the beginning

Kissing her would have been easy, as Hancock wasn't here to see it, but really, he liked Hancock more than the other two sisters. So he'd rather not do his usual open games with the sisters until he confirmed Hancock's understanding of his relationships.

"Would everything be alright?"

Beidou asked in a whisper. Rebecca looked anxious too, very worried that this banter might put Marigold against him in the finals.

"I think she'll be fine. Anywho, I am not prepared for the larger drama that may come from advancing with her."

"You are... popular."

Rebecca looked strange as she spoke, perhaps a teenage crush broken.

"Oh- wow," On the other hand, Beidou looked stunned. "Your case is getting better. Loyalty from you is shocking."

"..."

Hashirama gave her a dry look.

....

Focusing on the arena, he was slightly surprised to find the battle royale near its end. It had been half an hour, and Marigold's match had lasted longer than this.

The main player of the block was his cousin, Marianne. She looked nowhere near what she looked in the cannon timeline, having received the Coby treatment. She was taller, curvier, and obviously stronger.

The arena was odd. It was like a chess board now, with blocks of color filling it. There were blocks of all seven colors of the spectrum, and the weaker fighters must have had a hard time even walking on them.

That was [Colors Trap] yet now it was obviously much stronger than its cannon counterpart. Even now, as only the peak of the block remained, they had to be careful to not step on the wrong block of tile.

Each color represented a control over emotion. Hashirama obviously didn't know them in detail, but from observing for a bit, he realized the yellow color made anybody in contact depressed, dejected, and slow in their movements.

"What a dangerous ability."

Some might think since Marinnae had transformed the entire place with this ability, that was clearly a "Jutsu" as he could feel chakra from it, her other abilities would be weak, but that was not true.

If any enemy dared approach her, she kicked them and sent them flying. If it's a particularly strong and large enemy, she rather planted their head on the floor with a punch that distinctly reminded him of Tsunade.

"Odd. With this much benefit over the others, the match should have ended in its first ten minutes. Why is it still on?"

From his side, Beidou asked. Well, there were only three others in the arena now along with Marianne, but still. It had been half an hour, Beidou had a point.

Hashirama soon realized what was the problem.

'She doesn't have much chakra. It's not that she expanded them in this fight, but it's like... her total reserves are just small as they are. Very small. Damn, I think I had more chakra when I was a toddler.'

Marianne was deliberately dragging the battle so that she could recharge some of her Chakra. The next two blocks meant two more hours, but if she dragged this battle instead of ending it in the first ten minutes, she would have another additional hour to recharge her chakra. It would surely be helpful to her in the finals.

Hashirama was amused by this sort of development. Uzumakis had very large reserves of chakra in Naruto Anime, yet here she barely had anything. Her body was very resilient and strong though, he had to admit.