Part 53: Final Warning

Start from the beginning

"I said leave her out of this!" Kyun's deep growl shakes the night Anya flinches at a sudden move of his. A shiny red ball, rippling with dark magic appears in Kyun's palm. Before Anya knows what's happening, he throws it into Alistair's direction. He dodges it with a smooth step to the side and the ball explodes against the cold wall.

The demon giggles. "Oh, Changkyun...we used to be friends. And now you're attacking me?"

"We've never been friends, you son of a bitch!"

Her heart is hammering in her chest. What if this situation escalates and Alistair repeats what he did to Kyun before? The thought of him getting hurt makes her forget all the questions, all the confusion in her.

Alistair presses his hand to his chest and gasps in a playful manner. "That hurts!"

This wide smirk on his face remains and he takes a deep breath. "Maybe I've found something even more valuable," He licks his lips and eyes Anya from head to toe. Growling Kyun steps to the side, blocking her from the demon's view. "What will you offer me for withholding the information that I found what seems like your only and biggest weakness?"

Before Kyun can answer, Alistair raises his hand.

"Don't!" Kyun shouts and Anya barely registers the word as an invisible force jerks her body to the side, letting a yelp escape her throat. Her body hits the cold wall of the alley and the impact knocks the breath out of her body. The invisible force pins her wrists next to her head and she kicks her toes, searching for purchase on the cobblestones just centimeters too far below.

"Kyun!" She breathes but chokes as if Alistair wrapped his broad hand around her throat.

She can't breathe, can't move. Her panic makes it impossible to save the last breaths of air in her and tears build up in her eyes as they meet Kyun's wide ones.

"One move and I'll snap her neck, Changkyun!" Alistair says but her demon doesn't seem to listen. She loses her strength as attempts at words escape her strangulated throat in the form of gags and whimpers. Kyun stares at her, shocked, panicked.

And suddenly his red eyes light up, a fire, like an explosion in them. He darts toward Alistair, grabs him by his throat and throws him at the wall across from her.

"Listen to me closely, you son of a bitch!" he growls. "Only because you're Lucifer's whore doesn't mean you're superior. I am still stronger than you, so know. Your. Fucking. Place. And let her the fuck go!"

The last time Anya saw Kyun this livid was when the vampire attacked her. She hates seeing him like this. Alistair gags and chokes under Kyun's grip.

"Don't shoot the messenger..." he gasps, a smug smirk on his face, but gags even harder when Kyun tightens his hand around his throat.

"Let her go!" He flashes his teeth. "Or I swear I will kill you with my bare hands even if that means pissing off Lucifer himself!"

Just as Anya's strength is about to completely leave her, the invisible force pinning her against the wall disappears.

She's been struggling so hard to get out of his grip that when the force vanishes she shoves herself away from the wall much too hard. But before she can fall on her face, Kyun catches her body.

"Fuck, babygirl!" he breathes and helps her back on her feet. "I'm so sorry! Let me see you!" As he turns her, Anya shakes so badly that she feels like she'll fall apart at the seams any second.

Shock and confusion still have her in so tight a chokehold that she can't speak, even though there are a thousand things she wants to say.

"You're playing with fire, Changkyun!" Alistair spits from behind them and goosebumps cover her body.