𝑣𝑖.

season 2, episode 18

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

season 2, episode 18

all of the interns are crowded into a patient's room. meredith begins to present the case. "chuck eaton. 54. has stage 3B non small cell lung cancer with possible invasion of the pleura. and a history of COPD. he's had extensive chemo-radiotherapy with minimal regression of the tumor. he's been admitted for radical en bloc re-section.

"i was a smoker. the, ah, oncologist, he explained that I have a 25% chance of surviving the surgery."

burke looks to the patient before talking. "well unfortunately, that's about right. if you should elect not to proceed we can make you more comfortable.

"with all do respect, there's no way you can make a man dying a slow death comfortable."

the interns and some of the attendings move onto a new patients room. athena presents the case as she has been here since the patient was admited. "jake burton. 15. has advanced craniodiaphyseal dysplasia. was admitted last night after complaining of headaches." his parents speak up and explain that he has been having some nausea as well as headaches and that he's not a complainer. derek begins to examine jake, he starts by getting him to sit up and look towards cristina.

"you know you could pretend i'm a lion. it helps." athena smiles slightly, already having had this conversation with him whilst she was getting him settled in last night.

"sorry?" cristina looks at jake and then over to athena.

"you could pretend i'm a lion and then instead of a really messed up kid you get a talking circus animal which is way easier to look at." athena smiles at him.

"talking circus animals are way cooler."

jakes face lights up, "see? dr. t gets it." derek smiles at the interaction between intern and patient but quickly gets back to the task at hand.

"dr thomas, what's our immediate concern?"

"that the bony tumors are growing inward and encroaching on his brain."

jake grins at athena, "smart and pretty" athena rolls her eyes. 

"and way too old for you, lion boy."

after finishing rounds, the interns split off to do their own thing. athena and meredith are both stood at the nurses station doing charts when a random guy comes up and starts talking to meredith. "invasive non-cell. with a history of COPD. that guy's pretty much a goner, huh?"

meredith turns to the stranger. "sensitivity. i like that in a stranger. are you new here?"

"visiting, confounded by all the rain and it's only my first day in town." athena turns around from where she had her back turned to the pair. and joining in on the conversation. 

"try living in england." meredith smirks at her friend and gives her a suggestive wink before replying to the man. she glares at meredith before continuing her sentence. "you get used to it."