𝑖𝑣.

athena had just finished her shift, currently, she's sat in the bar

athena had just finished her shift, currently, she's sat in the bar. the bell of the bar rings and she turns around to see derek, derek approaches her and sits on the bar stool a couple of away from her.

"you gonna sit there are stare at me like a freak or you gonna talk?" she looks at him out the corner of her eye.

"look, i uhm, i'm sorry. for not telling you about addison. i lied to you and that was wrong of me."

"it was wrong. and douchey. and assholey."

"am i just meant to sit here and listen whilst you insult me?"

"yes. you're an idiot and i hate you right now."

"will you hate me forever?"

"i'll get over it."

"okay." they both sit there in silence for a moment before derek speaks up again. "you're my person. so i should have told you what was really going on between addison and i."

"you told me you were married but you got a divorce before you left new york. not only did you lie about it being addison but you lied about getting a divorce, which when you think about it is a weird thing to lie about." derek goes to interrupt her. "im not finished. you're my person, i'm your person so it hurt even more that you lied to me and couldn't even bring yourself to apologize to me until now."

"i'm your person?"

"seriously? that what you got out of that?"

"yeah, sorry. am i forgiven though?"

"that depends on your answer to this question," derek nods at her to continue. "do you love her?"

"love who?"

"addie. because if you want a shot with meredith you have to tell me you love her so i know whether i should smack you or not."

derek shrugs. "i don't know."

athena shakes her head and mutters 'men' under her breath. she flags down joe and orders another drink. "uh, joe, he's paying for it." she points to derek. "it's part of his attempts to get me to forgive him."

━━━━━━━━━━

season 2 episode 17

meredith is lying in her bed, izzie, george and athena are crowded around her trying to get her to leave. well, izzie's trying. athena's yawning. "you're an intern. saving lives is not optional."