𝑣.

dited: 04

dited: 04.12.23

there have only been a couple of times that athena thomas felt genuine fear. the first time was when she was 5. she was left at a supermarket. the other, was when she got stuck in a lift when she was 17, when she was in the car accident that killed her brother, zephyr. and now, in the operating room with one of her best friend's hand in a body with a bomb.

"come on thena! let's go" athena rolled her eyes at how her second oldest sibling was so excited to go to build-a-bear.

"you're a grown adult and you want to go to build-a-bear? i don't get it. besides, why can't someone else take you? i have to study for my exams."

"oh, who cares! just take a break, you need one. besides, what's better than hanging out with your favourite brother?" 

"i don't know. hanging out with my favourite brother in the comfort of our own house?"

"yeah but, the bears!" athena sighs and shakes her head with a smile on her face. she loves her brother, but he's a weirdo. soon enough, zee had dragged his younger sister into her car. of course, her behind the wheel. she doesn't let anyone drive it. 

athena and zee were driving down the motorway, singing their hearts out to so many upbeat songs. however, their fun ride would soon come crashing down, literally crashing down. as they both screamed the chorus to our song by taylor swift, neither of them noticed the truck that had plowed through the barrier and was now driving on the wrong side of the road and heading straight towards them. athena had no time to react as the truck crashed straight into the front of the car, mostly crushing zee's side but also leaving some damage to athena's side.

both thomas' were left unconscious, unfortunately, zephyr died on the scene, and athena was left in a coma for weeks, with damage to her spine, left collar bone and a head injury that caused temporary memory loss. after she woke up, nothing was ever the same with her family. her other brother blamed her for the accident as he and zee were close. after long talks with each other they soon fix their relationship and he realises there was nothing she could have done. athena has to go through lots of therapy and has a really dark time in her life after the accident. nia never gets past the fact she survived and he doesn't get to live the rest of his life.

━━━━━━━━━━

season 2 episode 17 

athena and meredith are standing in the operating room both silent as they process what's going on in their own ways. athena softly sighs before speaking for the first time in a while. "you know if we all die, it would be a pretty cool way to die." dylan and burke look at her with varying looks of worry and confusion.