The Marauders

I'd like to start this update with an exciting announcement:

Eddie Redmayne has officially been cast as Newt Scamander in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them!

Yes, I'll admit, I'm a little disappointed it's not Matt Smith, but like I said before, I think Eddie will do a fantastic job! (See what I did there? 😉)

We also have an expected release date, which is November 18, 2016! Mark your calendars people, this is gonna be big!

Now, back to the purpose of this chapter: The Marauders

Personally, one of my absolute favorite things about Harry Potter is the history. The world that Queen Jo created is so vast and detailed that its past is a big part of the story.

And I just love that whether it's the ancient history from the beginning of Hogwarts, or the more recent story of The Marauders, Jo has it all planned out in detail.

The Marauders in particular have played a large part in the main plot of the books, as I'm sure you know.

But do you know that some people think The Marauders are bad people? It's true! I've noticed that it mainly comes from those who ship Snily. (I don't have any problem with Snily, myself, and will probably write an update about it soon)

Now, I'm not ignorant enough to think The Marauders didn't have their problems, but that just makes them human.

• James and Sirius were pranksters, but so were Fred and George and no one would talk badly about them!

• They did torment Snape, sometimes unfairly, but you have to remember that Snape was terrible to them too. In fact, he started the feud, all those years ago, on their first train ride to Hogwarts.

• Remus did sit back and let his friends get away with a lot, but he had good motives. First of all, his friends meant the world to him. They accepted him for who he was in a world that would have been quick to persecute him. And secondly, he was quiet by nature. It was a bit unfair of Dumbledore to place him in the prefect position, knowing he could never really control his friends.

• Peter....no. I will not defend him, sorry, I just won't. I know that everyone has good and bad inside of them, but what matters is what you choose to act upon. He acted... Inexcusably. And, yes, I know that there was a time before he committed the crime, a time in which he was supposedly "sweet" and "bumbling," but I don't think that's completely true.

Hmm, I suppose it's time. Let's talk about the rat that is Peter Pettigrew.

I think he was a schemer from the start. I think that he was looking for protection, power, and popularity from the moment he first stepped onto the Hogwarts Express. He latched onto the other Marauders because he saw they had what he wanted: Protection, Power, and Popularity. Let's call them the 3P's.

The 3P's were the only thing that drove him. They were his ambitions above all else. Not friends, not love, no, just the 3P's.

Why is this? Because he's a rat. And yes, in a way I am talking about his animagus. Think about it! Animagi are supposed to be the animal that best represent who the person is. His very soul was cowardly and conniving.

You know what? I don't think he was a Gryffindor! Bravery is the most important thing to Gryffindor's, but he proved time and time again to be a menacing coward. I think he asked to be put there. The Sorting goes in alphabetical order, right? So by the time it was his turn, he had already seen Sirius and Remus become Gryffindors. And of course, James would be one! He was born for that house! So, knowing this, I think he begged the Sorting Hat to put him in Gryffindor. He was desperately clinging on to the 3P's.

So yeah, that's what I think about him... I detest him second to only Umbridge.

But anyway, let's talk about something more pleasant!

Who's your favorite Marauder?

Mine's Remus. He's smart, sweet, and sensitive! Hahaha...the 3S's. 😆

I would be jealous of any girl who got to be with him, except it wasn't just any girl. It was Tonks, and no one could deserve him more, and vice versa!

If there was one thing I could request to know more about from Jo, it would definitely be the Potter family. And I don't mean Harry and Ginny's family, or even James and Lily's, I'm talking about James' parents and their ancestors.

I would love to learn about the Potter's. I imagine they're a bit like the Weasley's. They're pureblood, but I always thought that it wasn't important to them. I think that a family who would accept Sirius with open arms would definitely love Lily, even though she's muggleborn.

I'd also like to know what happened to them. How'd they die, I wonder?

Ah, well! Maybe we'll never know, maybe we will. But for now, we can let our imaginations run wild.

So! Tell me what you think in the comments, give it a vote if you enjoyed it, and I'll talk to you guys next time!

~The Potter Blogger