ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

𝗞ai ran a towel over his head, half-assedly drying the ruffled curls he'd probably be too lazy to style

𝗞ai ran a towel over his head, half-assedly drying the ruffled curls he'd probably be too lazy to style. He tossed the blue thing in the hamper and bent over to grab his boxers and jeans, getting ready for Mason to come home so they could spend the day together and hopefully have time to swing by his apartment so he could meet the baby.

As he pulled his jeans over his hips and began to latch his favorite black belt around his waist, his ears perked up, moving on their own. Without so much as turning his head, without so much as taking a pause in his movements, he peered out of the corner of his eye at the door of the bedroom.

He remembered shutting it close when he went for his shower.

Now somehow, it was wide open.

Kai waited until he saw the shadows dance in the hallway just outside before he turned. He kept a placid expression stuck to his face, and pursed his lips, singing a tune that couldn't only be Rockwell's Somebody's Watching Me.

He knew that it wasn't Mason because he could sense when Mason was around. He could smell the scent of his husband before he walked into any room. He could feel the light and warmth that emulated the moment he entered a new space.

This feeling was cold and calculated. Like it was supposed to remain secret.

Kai pushed his feet into a pair of socks, purposely sitting on the further end of the bed for two reasons. The first was because he wanted to let whoever was out there think that his guard was down. That the twenty-three years of assassination training was all for naught. And the second was because of what sat caked on the floor just by the end ledge of the bed.

Mason had noticed it this morning while tossing clothes on and brushing his teeth, mistaking the small pool for missed toothpaste. Being as late as he already was, Mason merely brushed it off, gave him a soppy kiss, and ran out the door.

Kai knew better.

He knew better than to alert his husband, and he knew what the hell it was.

And considering Mason swallowed his own in both of his holes the night before it appeared, and in the shower, he knew it didn't belong to either of them. Mason had fallen asleep before him, and with the workout they shared, there was no way—no reason—for Mason to pleasure himself.

Kai knew that he was alone in the house.

Jase was AWOL because of the funeral tomorrow, Mason and Blake were seeing their child, and Rueben had taken Rayne to the graveyard with Matteo to see where they buried "Lilly". Even if it wasn't her body, Matteo had mentioned wanting to see it for sentimental reasons he chose not to elaborate on.

So if they were all gone, and Emiko was babysitting Ruby and Tripp, there was no explanation for another person to be sharing the four walls with him. No reason at all aside from creepily stalking him—or mistaking him for another male that would just as easily be disposed to such a vice.