fifty-seven

i'm FEEDING y'all

i v o r y

Harry didn't come home until Friday. He got an almost clean bill of health the day I'd talked to him, but they kept him longer for precautions. As much as I hated to not see him another day, I felt better knowing the medical staff were doing all that they could to ensure he healed the best he could.

     Thursday, Zuri and Lena kept my mind busy and off of Harry because I was beginning to drive myself insane. They took me out to breakfast after I dropped Jamie off at school, then helped me fill the rest of my day. First things first, we went to pick up a new phone because being a mom without one was plain risky. I was down to just hang out around the house afterwards, but they suggested we go to get our nails done. I hadn't remembered the last time I did that, so I jumped at the offer.

At the salon, I called my landlord to see what it would take to break my lease. Geoffrey said he  would have to keep my security deposit. My two-thousand-dollar security deposit. And, right now, I could really use that money seeing as I'd unexpectedly spent a decent chunk of money to get a new phone. I was naive to think, in a small town, they'd give a local some leniency.

     He gave me until the beginning of the following week to think about it.

     I woke up early Friday morning expecting a text from one of the Styles brothers, telling me they were on their way home. Instead, I had a text from Emerson, telling me they'd met Harry and Will at the hospital and the three of them would be home soon.

     "You had me worried. You were supposed to be back hours ago." Harry was injured so I settled for slapping Will on the shoulder.

The moment I received the text that they reached Camden town limits, I'd been waiting on the front porch.

     Harry tugged me into his chest before I could do anyone else any more damage. I soaked in his hospital-tampered scent. He had a couple butterfly bandages above his eyebrow. "You okay?" I murmured.

     "I feel great, love," he assured lowly.

     "I'll take the blame," Em jumped in. "I wanted to stop and get something to eat."

     "You're lucky I love you so much." It took a minute, but I was able to find the strength to leave Harry's arms and hug my best friend.

     "It's good to see you walking around and hitting my boyfriend," Em said, dropping the world's largest metaphorical bomb.

     I gasped, pulled back from their embrace, and looked between Em and Will, who had a shit-eating grin on his face. Matter of fact, so did Emerson.

     "Did you guys make it official?" I screeched.

     "Maybe," Em teased, sending a hot as fuck look to their boyfriend.

     "Yes, we did," Will confirmed surely.

     I screamed. Like truly screamed. Harry even had to turn his ear away from me. 

     I jumped back into Em's arms. "I'm so happy for you!" I only left their embrace to tackle Will in a hug next. "And for you!"