chapter 40

I bite my lip, smiling as I stare at the ceiling. Me and derek are in bed, trying to catch our breaths after one god damn amazing fuck.

"That was incredible" he says. "Mhm" I entwine our fingers. He rolls onto his belly to look at me. He chuckles, pushing my hair out of my face and wiping the sweat off of my head and chest.

"You're smelly" he teases. "I'm sweaty, it's your fault" I say. "My fault!? How dare you" he grins. I giggle.

"It is your fault! You took my clothes off, you threw me into bed, you kissed me, fucked me and made me all sweaty.. all of that is your fault" i grin.

"Well you know what, babe? You were ontop, so technically you were the one fucking me.. your fault" he says. I giggle, rubbing my nose against his as he moves closer to me. He kisses me.

"I was just trying to make you feel good.. I was being a good fiance to you, so it is your fault" I say. "Fine, I take full responsibility for your smellyness" he says. "Thank you" I grin.

"Anyway, how are you baby?" He puts his hand on my chest. "I'm great.. I feel amazing thanks to you" I smile. He smiles too.

"Am I too smelly to cuddle tonight? I can take a shower if you want" I ask. "I was teasing you, my love.. come here" he chuckles. I smile, cuddling into him. We fall asleep in eachothers arms.

Derek's pov:
It's now morning, and me and scarlett are in the living room. Violet is still asleep and meredith is cooking in the kitchen.

Scarlett is being so clingy with me lately. She's quite a clingy kid anyway, but usually it's with everyone. She only seems to want my attention lately.

She's sat next to me, cuddled up next to me on the couch. We're watching kids shows. "You okay, baby?" I look down at her. She smiles at me. "Take that out of your mouth" I say in a silly voice, pulling her thumb out of her mouth gently. She giggles.

I get up and walk over to meredith. I chuckle softly as I feel scarlett hold my hand. She follows me.

"I miss you" I hug meredith from behind. She giggles. "You know where she gets her clingyness from.." she looks down at scarlett. Oh. We both laugh.

"Do you want to hang out with me for a bit, darling?" Meredith kneels down to her. "What about daddy?" She hugs merediths neck. Mer picks her up. "Daddy is gonna go and see your sister" she says.

"..okay" she sighs. I kiss her head. "Bye daddy" she waves at me. I smile before going upstairs.

Merediths pov:
"Do you not wanna hang out with your step-mommy?" I tickle her belly. She giggles. "I do!" She hugs me.

"My fwiend said step means not real mommy.. but you're my weal mommy aswell" she says. "You're my real baby" I rest my forehead against hers. She smiles.

Derek comes back downstairs with violet. "Do you want to see mommy?" He asks in a baby voice, walking over. "My darling" I kiss her head. "You wanna go back to daddy or stay with me?" I ask scarlett.

"I go with daddy" she says. "Okay" I smile. Derek takes them both to the living room. He lays violet on her play mat and scarlett tries to play with her.

"Daddy, what's wrong with mer?" I hear scarlett ask. Derek looks at me. I turn a deep shade of red as I realise I was staring at him. "You okay baby?" He chuckles, walking over. "Yeah, I'm sorry" I turn around.

"Don't be sorry" he grabs my waist and turns me back around. "I was staring at you like a creep" I put my hands on his waist. "I stare at you all the time, you're gorgeous" he says. I smile. He kisses my lips.

He pulls away and looks down. I smile as I see scarlett tugging on his leg. "Whats up, monkey?" he sighs, picking her up.

"I saw you and mer kissing" she says. "And you came over to stop us?" He asks. She nods. He gives me a look, visibly annoyed. I chuckle.

"Do you want kisses instead?" I ask in a baby voice. She nods. I kiss her cheek. She smiles. Derek does too.

"Baby, can I have five minutes with meredith?" He asks. "Twee" she holds up three fingers. "Okay, deal" he puts her down. She walks back over to violet.

"Three whole minutes" he grins. I chuckle. He leans in and kisses me. He puts his hands on my waist, pulling me close. I run my fingers through his hair as we kiss slowly.

We pull away quickly as we hear the baby crying. He walks over to her and picks her up. "Oh baby, what's wrong?" He frowns, rubbing her small back.

Her cries quieten as he holds her in his arms. He smiles at her, kissing her nose. She coos softly. I smile. She loves him so much already. He's the best daddy.

"I love you" I say. He looks at me and smiles. "I love you too" he says. "She's hungry, mommy" he hands her to me. I smile, sitting on the couch to feed her.

"Does it hurt?" Derek sits next to me. "No" I giggle. "What does it feel like?" He asks. "it feels nice, especially when they're really full of milk" I say.

"Come here princess" he says in a baby voice, reaching out for scarlett. She smiles, running over. He pulls her onto his lap.

I reach down and hold his hand. He smiles at me. I love him so much. I love our daughters so much. Our family is incredible.