chapter 30

We're in the hospital. Meredith is in labor. She's only 5cm dilated, so she has a while. She's laid in the bed. I'm the only one here.

I'm holding her hand, sat on a chair by her bed. "How are you doing baby?" I ask. "They're getting worse" she sighs.

"Is there anything I can do?" I stand up and lean down to kiss her head. "Just you being here" she smiles small. "I love you" I kiss her lips. "I love you too" she says.

She squeezes my hand and groans deeply as the contractions start again. I push her baby hairs out of her face. My plats lasted very well in her hair. Not that that's what I'm thinking about right now...

The door opens and addison walks in. "How you doing?" She walks over. "Fucking amazing" meredith says sarcastically. She chuckles softly.

"Where's-" I frown. I smile as scarlett runs in after addison. "Daddy!" She holds her arms open. I pick her up and squeeze her tight. I haven't seen her in two weeks.

"My baby" I kiss her cheek a bunch of times softly. "I'm so happy wight now!" She wriggles in my arms. I chuckle. I hold her up infront of me. I kiss her nose.

"Mer" I look at her to make sure she's okay. "I want her" she says tearfully, holding her arms out. I put her next to meredith. They hug eachother tightly.

"I missed you so much" meredith tucks her hair behind her ear. Scarlett stares into her eyes, smiling at her.

I look at addie and she's just smiling. I love her for being so supportive. She's the best mom scarlett could possibly have.

"When is the baby coming?" Scarlett asks. "Soon hopefully" meredith says. "Today?" She asks. Meredith nods.

"Mommy! mommy! I get baby sister today!" She looks at addison. "I know monkey" addie smiles. "Are you happy too?" Scarlett asks. "I'm happy I'm not the one who has to push it out" she says. "Addie" I chuckle. She giggles. "Sorry" she says to mer.

"You should take her to the waiting room" I say as I see the pain on merediths face from trying not to scream in pain whilst having another contraction.

"No, please" meredith says. "She'll be back after baby, she shouldn't watch this" I whisper. "..okay" she sighs. Addison picks her up. "Bye baby" I kiss her head. They leave.

Meredith starts crying. I sit on the edge of the bed next to her and put my hands on her cheeks. "I'm sorry mer, I'm sorry" I whisper, resting my forehead against hers.

"Why can't she stay?" She sobs. "You know why" I whisper. She's in pain and overwhelmed. I feel so bad for her. "I'm here" I look into her eyes. She tries to steady her breathing but ends up crying more.

"Are you angry with me?" She asks. "No" I say. "You are!" She sobs. I hug her tight. I give her face a few kisses.

"It hurts!" She cries harder. I grab her face towel and wipe the sweat off of her forehead. She moans louder in pain. I hold her hand again.

The doctor walks in. "Okay, how we doing?" She sits at the end of the bed and spreads merediths legs to take a look.

"I want pain killers!" Meredith says. "You're on a bunch already sweetheart.. and you're at 9cm, so you gotta start pushing soon" she says.

"Derek, I need-" she looks at me. "Here" I pass her the gas and air. She breathes it in. Twenty minutes later and she's pushing already.