Chapter eight

{Chapter Playlist}
Harry Styles - Woman
Tate McRae - That way
Camila Cabello - Shameless
Freya Ridings - Elephant
Harry Styles - Meet me in the hallway

                                        Conrad
~

I would rather much be anywhere else than be at this party, but if it made Amara happy then I'd suffer the whole night.

"What's up man?" Gavin pats me on my back. "Hey, I'm really sorry to hear about your mom."

It's only been a month and I still don't know what to say to this. Thanks? All I could do was nod.

"Hey, I uh actually need to get back to someone, but, it was nice seeing you. We'll catch up later man" I pat Gavin's arm and wave to the rest of the guys whose names I couldn't remember at the top of my head. As I turn to head back to the kitchen, Stacey Miller stood in front of me, blocking my way. Great.

"Conrad, your brother is looking for you" Stacey twirls a piece of her hair with her finger, eyeing me like a wild animal who was hungry. It made me uncomfortable.

"Where is he?" I ask. She inches closer and grabs my hand.

"I'll take you to him"
"You don't have to do that" I try to sound nice. "I'll find him" I say to her, hoping she will leave me alone.

Stacey pulls me along with her and heads towards the glass doors that lead to the pool area. I try to slip out of her grasp but she only tightens her grip. Jesus, this girl did not know how to give up.

I spotted my brother instantly, shirtless and surrounded by girls. He didn't even seem to notice me.

"Jere" I call his name. His head snaps in my direction, his smile widening.

"Heyyyy, Conrad!! Are you going to jump in?"
"Nah man. Are you okay?"
"Yeah" he looks around him, "why wouldn't I be? I'm fantastic!" He says with the widest smile on his face. When surrounded by attractive people, Jeremiah will always be fantastic.

I look to Stacey Miller. She flips her hair over her shoulder and giggles. "Oops" she says to me. "Maybe he wasn't the one looking for you."

I thought about just walking away in order to get rid of her but I didn't want the possibility of her then ruining the rest of the night for everyone especially the girls and Jeremiah and Steven.

"Now that you're here you might as well sit down with me." I was about to say I'm okay before she yanks me down by my arms. A little bit of my beer got on her dress.

"Shit, I'm sorry"
"Don't be, I've gotten a lot worse on me" she says in a tone I think is supposed to sound seductive?

"Okay?" I give her a confused look. "Listen, I actually need to head back into the kitchen"

"But I want you to stay with me." Stacey was now in my ear. "Please, I promise I can be a fun time"

"I'm sure you can" I dip my feet into the water, giving up for the moment. Jeremiah was a few feet away, talking to Steven who was floating on top of a pink flamingo. I stare at the both of them in hopes that one of them will look my way. When neither of them spare a glance in my direction, I decide to kick my feet up from the water. Water went spraying all over them. When they finally look over at me, I widen my eyes and look towards Stacey. Help. Me. My eyes were screaming at them. They looked at each other in confusion. I cursed them both in my head for being useless. Jeremiah waved me off, his attention elsewhere.

"Hey Mar! Come jump in!"

My eyes immediately fell on Amara. Standing next to Nico Hawthorne. Her eyes quickly looked away from me. They exchange a few words before turning to walk the other way, Nico following close behind her. I did not like the sight of him being around Amara because I knew exactly what kind of guy he is. The same kind of guy Amara has fell for many times and always ended up in the same situation, being hurt by a guy who couldn't value her.