Chapter 53

"Hey gon." Killua said as he stormed down the street. I held my stomach with worry, what was that aura I sensed? It was so malicious.

Killua walked in front of me as I slowed down, starting to get the feeling something was wrong with me.

"Hey, will you explain what that was all about?" Killua said as he approached gon, who had his fists clenched. I said nothing as I walked up to gon too.

Gon took a deep breath before turning around and facing us. "Sorry guys! I just couldn't take it anymore." He said as he sheepishly rubbed his head.

"I still don't get why your apologizing." Killua said as he sighed. They seemed to notice how quiet I was, as they stoped talking.

"Kuzuko?" I heard gon say. I looked up at him, fear almost evident in my face. "Woah, what's wrong with you?" Killua said, approaching me.

"I..." I trailed off, I wanted to tell them what I sensed, I just didn't know how to describe it. "I felt something." I said, looking at the two.

They tilted their heads in confusion. "Huh? Felt? What do you mean?" Gon asked, looking at me blankly.

"That man. When he reached out to touch my shoulder, his aura activated slightly. It scared me so I shoved him away. I can't help but have the feeling somethings wrong with me." I said as I looked down, holding my stomach as it grew more upset.

Killua approached me and placed his hands on my shoulders, using one hand to grab my chin to make me look at him. I gasped slightly at his actions.

"I'm sure it's nothing. But if you do start to feel weird, say something. Chances are he used a scare tactic to get you to go with him." He said as he looked at me.

My eyes widened at him, he was being oddly comforting, and it made me feel fuzzy to my core. "Y-yeah. I'm sure that's all it is." I said as I looked away, embarrassed.

He soon let me go, standing by me as he crossed his arms. "Well I was apologizing earlier cause this means that Kuzuko is going to be stuck with that spell for a while." Gon said, continuing the old conversation

"Huh? Don't worry. It's okay, we can just find a card at some point to remove the spell." I said, smiling briefly.

"But..you two are playing this game to help me find my dad." Gon said as he looked at me with a frown.

My smile faded as I also frowned at him. "Is that how you feel? I'm honored to even be here, you know?" I said, gon only continued to frown at me.

Killua said nothing as he looked deep in thought. "Anyways. Why were you so mad?" Killua said, breaking his silence.

"Because they had nothing but bad things to say about the game ging made!" Gon said. I nodded, makes sense. I'd be angry too so

"It was kind of messed up that they said it was only based on killing." I said. Gon nodded at me before continuing.

"I want to do what Ging said and enjoy the game. When I first started I knew it wouldn't be easy, that's because I thought all the players seriously enjoyed playing the game." He trailed off.

I looked away, to be honest, I'm very happy that I'm even here right now. To be honest, I thank the world every day that I don't run into the head mistress. I smiled as I loved my friends deeply.

"The scary isn't thing isn't the killing, it's the players willingness to kill others just to get cards.." gon said as he looked down.

"Really? I think it makes sense." Killua said, making gon look at him. "Killua, do you really mean that?" He said.