Chapter 52

"He died from another players nen." The man said as the crowd slowly started disappearing. "Someone's nen?" I spoke up. He nodded at me

"Does that mean players are trying to kill each other?" Killua asked. "Player hunting." The man spoke as killua talked agian.

"Player hunting?" He said. The man frowned slightly before speaking again. "I can explain later. Anyway, are you interested in teaming up?" He said.

I turned to the two, eagerly trying to get them to say no. "There's a sure fire way to clear the game. If your interested follow me." He said. I only narrowed my eyes at him, he's oddly nice.

"What should we do?" Gon asked as he turned to us. I frantically shook my head no. "Sounds suspicious, and we're already off to a bad start." Killua said as he looked at us.

"If I remember correctly, on your way here, another player used an attack spell on one of you." He said. Killua suddenly tensed as he looked at me. "Have you been watching us?" He asked

"Yeah. And I wasn't the only one. Lots of people keep an eye at the starting point." He said. I crossed my arms as I looked at him, I'd rather just do this with them, not with a group of random strangers..

"If you come with me, I'll explain why. I can also tell you about the spell that was cast on you." He said, eagerly trying to get us to go with him.

"Your being rather generous. There must be a catche." Killua said as he smirked at him. I nodded in agreement.

"We have no choice." He said as he looked down, his mood shifting. "Once you realize how hard, frightening and foul this game is, you'll be more willing to accept our offer." He said

"Foul?" I asked, what can be so bad about the game? He then looked at me. "Well it's your first time playing, so you could use the information" he said as he peered down at us.

"What makes you think it's our first time? We could be returning players." Killua said. Gon and I stayed silent.

"Book." He said, summoning his book. I'm reaction, all of us jumped back in defense. "That just proved your beginners. An experienced player would react by summoning their own binder."

I sighed, he had a point. "You would need spell cards to defend yourself." He finished. "Then the spell on Kuzuko.." gon said as he turned to me. "Could be stoped by another card." I said as I looked at him.

"Even when you aren't carrying any cards, you should still summon it to use as a bluff." He said as he swiped through his binder. "Book." He said, putting it away.

"Hey, how do we obtain spell cards?" Gon asked as we walked back up to the man. "The easiest method would be to go to masadora, the city of magic." He replied.

I nodded my head, Atleast now we have a lead on what to do. "Guys, let's go!" Gon said as he turned to us.

"I'm still worried about that spell on Kuzuko. So maybe we can find a solution there!" He said as he smiled briefly at me.

"Yeah?" Gon said as he smiled bright at us, catching killua by suprise. "Sure.." he responded.

-

We eventually did agree to go with the man first, seeing if we could get some valuable information out of the group.

"Is this everyone?" He asked as I eyed the people there, and recognized the other girl there, the one I saw in the room.

"Let's get started." The told blond said as he looked at us. "Another player was just killed. He arrived with the rest of you."

I held my arms as I grew uncomfortable. Something was definitely off. "It was the work of the bomber." He finished.

I looked up at him, the bomber? Who's that? "His victims aren't killed by spells. No spell in this game is capable of injuring people." The blond said as he looked at us.

"That means you won't be harmed or killed if there's a spell on you." I felt killua breathe out a sigh of relief after he said that, he must've been worried..

"The one cast on you was an inspection spell." The other man spoke as he looked at me. I returned my gaze to him, eager to find a way to remove it.

"It was either trace or adhesion." He said. Suddenly the blond spoke. "In short, the enemy uses these on you, he will then know everything about you." He said.

I sighed, does that mean he knows everything? Like my past and stuff? How embarrassing..

"Some players wait near the starting point, so they can cast those spells on new players." He said as he looked at us from time to time.

"As soon as a player obtained a valuable card, they will then show up and steal it." He said. "Great. That sounds fun." I sarcastically said as I shoved my hands in my pockets.

"In worse cases, they will just kill thier target." He said, looking at me. "Like the guy who just died? I won't be so easy to kill." Puhat spoke up as he grinned.

I looked at him, he surely is an interesting person. "No. Someone else killed him." He said, cutting Puhat off.

"By a radical type of player, one who targets players. The bomber killed him." The blond said as he looked at Puhat.

"In this game. There are three ways to acquire cards. Do you know what they are?" A man asked. Gon thought for a second as I spoke up.

"Stealing." I said, the man looked at me for a second with shock before speaking. "Yes that is one way."

"You trade with other players." A man spoke up. "You find them yourself." Gon said.

"Yes. Those are the three ways. However, the number of players stealing from others has greatly increased. That's due to the cards difficulty to obtain." He said

"Players who can't obtain cards themselves choose to take them from others." He said as he looked at us from time to time.

"And if they resist, they are killed." He finished, causing some of us to tense. "If you kill a player, you won't be able to take his cards." He said.

I looked at gon, seeing him frown slightly as he zoned out, I wonder what on his mind. "That's why we're trying to end this mess! We're recruiting allies to help clear the game." The main man said.

I only crossed my arms, I'd honestly rather not. I zoned out as my head hurt, eager to just leave. "No! We won't use violence to reach our goal." I heard suddenly, making me look back up again.

"This is the only way to clear the game. I've lent many players, and they all have met the same conclusion." The man said.

I sensed a mood shift in gon as he glared at one man after he said the game was based on stealing.

"Of course if you join us, we will remove all spells cast on you." The blond said as he looked at me. "So what do you three say?" The man said as he looked down at us.

"Killua, Kuzuko. Sorry." Gon spoke, catching me by suprise, why is he apologizing? "I'm out. I'm playing this on my own." Gon said as he looked sternly infront of him.

I smiled, thank god! I didn't wanna team up but I would if they were going too. Gon suddenly walked away.

I was about to walk away too when a voice called me. "Wait. You girl. Your the one with the spell right?" The blond said as he walked up to me.

I nodded as I didn't say anything. "You expecially should think about joining us. Your at risk, expecially if the bomber catches you." He said as he reached his arm out and pat my shoulder.

I suddenly flinched as I felt his aura activate, I shoved him away in a panic. "No." I sternly said as I touched my shoulder where he had placed it.

"Kuzuko. Let's go." Killua said as he looked at me. My stomach twisted and turned as I walked, what was that? Why did he use aura when he touched my shoulder?

I had a deep feeling something was wrong as we walked.