chapter ten

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"Ben.." Mal said, trying to gain his attention but only doing so the second time she called out his name. "Did you go back for her?"

Ben paused, Uma looking at Ben before sighing and shaking her head. "He didn't have too. I dove through the barrier before it closed and I'm an excellent swimmer."

"You are."

"Aww, than you."

Mal shook her head in disbelief. Uma noticed and sighed, letting go of Ben before grabbing Mal's hand. "Listen, Mal, I just really wanna thank you. I do, for everything."

Tala scoffed at the audacity of the pirate, taking a step towards Mal. Uma then pulled her into a hug, Mal tensing up as she did so, before pulling away quickly after. "Thank you so much."

"Don't you see Mal, you were right!" Ben tried to reason. "You knew we weren't meant to be together, that's why you never told me that you loved me." Mal sighed at that, trying to say something before Ben interrupted her.

"Thank you."

The two then stepped back, Ben snapping his fingers. Music then started playing, the couple starting to dance right in front of a heartbroken Mal.
Tala, who just couldn't bear to see Mal like this, gently took Mal over to Evie, Jay, and Carlos.

"Not to be thrilled, I risked my life for him." Carlos said loudly, glaring daggers at Ben and Uma as they continued to dance like they didn't do anything wrong.

"We're with you Mal." Lonnie said, shaking her head at the sight before looking at her friend.

"Let's get outta here." Jay said, Mal whispering an 'ok' back at him as their small group started leaving, Jane running ahead of them. On the way up the stairs, Beast stopped Mal, putting a gently hand on her shoulder.

"Mal, we're so sorry. We had no idea." Belle said, Beast adding a "we will be talking to him." Before Mal got away from them.

"Lumiere! Unveil the gift! They need to see it!" Jane shouted orders. The man gasped before snapping his fingers, trumpets starting to play as a curtain fell, revealing a stained-glass portrait on Ben and Mal. Mal gasped in shock and awe as the crowd starting clapping at the surprise.

"Ben did that?" Mal asked, moving a hand to lay on top of her chest.
"Yeah, he did." Evie said.

"Oh! Evie," Mal began, starting to walk down the stairs, "Ben's known who I was all along."

"He loves the real you."

"A true love.."

"Told you." Carlos added, Tala shaking her head at him.

Uma turned around, glaring daggers at Lumiere while shouting, "Cover that thing back up!"

"I will not!"

Uma turned back, grabbing Ben's arm, portraying a faux sweet voice. "Why don't you tell everyone the present you got for me, Ben?" She suggested, smiling sweetly at him.

Ben turned to look at him, nodding a bit at her words. "I have an announcement!" He shouted, gaining everyone's attention.
"Uma will be joking the court tonight as my lady."