chapter four

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"IF YOU GUYS never would have brought them here this never would have happened. what were you thinking?!" Mal exclaimed, looking down at her three friends as they stand in their old hangout.

"They were gonna come with or without us. we just wanted to protect them." Evie defends, waving her arms around.

"yeah and we completely blew it, guys." Carlos reminds them, causing Jay to raise his voice.

"okay!" He interrupts before an argument can begin, "so what are we going to do?"

"We are not doing anything." Mal tells them, "this is between Uma and me. she's a punk, and guess what? now i have to go get them."

"Woah woah woah, Mal- you're still gonna have to go through Harry Hook, and his wharf rats." Carlos protested, stepping forward.

"yeah you're gonna need us." Jay added.

Mal rolls her eyes, "Uma said to come alone."

"Mal, come on." Evie tried.

Carlos sighs, shaking his head, "She said to come alone. If we all appear with Mal she'll freak and probably hurt them. I'm not going anywhere." the white haired boy flops down onto the couch.

"We'll be here when you get back," Jay nods at her.

Mal looks between all of them, turning on her heel and strutting out of the place. One by one each of them sit, thinking to themselves in silence. they hoped mal would come back with good
news.

——

"Where are you taking me?" Tala scoffed.

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

"Well yeah, that's why I asked." She grumbled as Harry led her to a raggedy boat. Pulling her down a flight of stairs, she saw rooms under the deck, one catching her eye because there was a familiar boy in it.

"Ben!" She called out, grabbing the boy's attention. Trying to break free from the firm hold.

"Tal- Captain?" He called back didn't want to reveal her identity as he tries to catch a glimpse of her but Harry just continued to pull her down the musty corridor. "Captain!"

"Everything will be alright!"

Opening a cell with his hook, he gave the girl a nudge to walk in. Tala pursed her lips, holding her head up high as she marched in there, sitting on the cot. Harry locked the cell door behind her, leaning against it. "I almost feel bad for locking a pretty girl like you up in here."

"You said almost, which means you don't feel bad at all. " She pointed out, rubbing her wrists. "And give me back my hat!"

"Awe you mean this hat?" Harry showed her his hat with a smug and placed it on his head, the red wrapper matching his red coat.

"Yes! Give it back! It's special to me!"

Harry narrowed his eyes and sighs softly, "Is it now?" His breath hitched at the sight in front him. The girl was dressed like a pirate, her one glove in her left hand caressing her wrists. Seeing a necklace with the same symbol as the ring on his pinky finger filled his heart with excitement.