𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

THE LIMO WAS PARKED NEAR A DARK PLACE, they covered it with white sheets before on with their journey to find Mal at the vk's hangout.

Ben and Tala walked up front as the others were behind them.

People around them looked homeless and dirty like dirt, they gave them stares and gossip about the familiar infamous hat on the girl's head.

"You know, you don't have to bring the sword right?" Ben said, he looked around the alley with curiosity.

Tala rolled her eyes and shook her head, "And what will I have if you, my king get hurt?"

"Don't say that!" Ben gritted his teeth.
"Besides, aren't you good at combat?"

"Meh, I'm getting there." She shrugs.

They walked into a opening and looked around, Ben walked up a man with smile to greet him. Reaching out his hand for a handshake but the man growled at him threateningly.

The sound of a sword unleashed from the king's side as the man's eyes widened in fear when the sword shines in the small light, placing the tip to his neck. "Don't think about it, son."

"Hey!"

"Ben! Tala!"

The three VK's pushed the man away from the sword and Carlos quickly took the sword and placed it back to its place, giving the girl a unbelievable look.

"Put that away."

"Sorry, force of habit." She replied, glaring at the man.

Evie sighs and shakes her, stepping up to Ben and Tala. "Never go up to anyone on the isle."

Ben nodded as she filled them with information and smiled. "Okay thank—"

Evie cuts him off, "Don't. Never thank anybody and drop the please. Just... chill."

"Okay, chill. I got it," Ben nods, moreso to himself. Tala sighs, and the five walk towards the old hangout. On the way, they attempt to help the duo be more like them more like helping Ben, and eventually he's not as... good as he was before.

As they pass by a vegetable stand, Ben bumps into a boy that Carlos slightly recognises. He clears hus throat as the boy looks Ben up and down, doing the same to Tala beside him.

"Hey... I know you." the boy says.

"Uh.... I don't know you man." Ben
replies in a deeper voice than usual.

"Uhhhh, yeah you do. come on man, really? dude i'll give you a hint. My dad is quick, slick, and his neck is incredibly thick. come on man!" the boy describes his father with questionable adjectives.

"Huh," the boy points to a nearby poster of Ben and Mal and the other one with him and Tala in her armor,

"Huh," He looks back and forth, before gasping loudly, "you're king Ben and captain Tala ! you totally are. and you're Jay, Carlos, Evie! hey guys!"

Carlos quickly grabs Tala's arm, pulling her along as the five teenagers run from the boy. Not too much further, they come across their old hangout.

Jay got a rock from a wooden table before throwing it at a sign. the sign swings back, opening the gate.

Ben begins to walk up the stairs, turning to the others, "wish me luck." He disappears from sight, leaving the four by themselves.

Silence consumes the group as they each swim in their own thoughts. Tala sat beside carlos after taking the sword's strap off her hips and placed it between her legs. Leaning her head on carlos's shoulder with sigh.

"You okay?" Carlos asked in whisper. Evie and Jay became involved in their own quiet conversation, leaving them to themselves.

Tala sighed, shrugging her
shoulders, "Honestly, i don't think so. i'm just, tired. because being personal guard is really overwhelming, if ben proposes to mal my job will be protecting them both." She pauses, "I mean— I love them both but, people need to see that they can handle themselves. I don't even know what I'm talking about."

Carlos nods, "Yeah, I get what you mean. I don't think we'll ever fit in at auradon. no matter how long we're there, but you know... as long as I have Jay, Evie and Mal of course, I think I can call it home."

Tala chuckles quietly, "You're such a softy, man. Completely different from the front you put on."

carlos smirks, "hey, I'm not that much of a softy and you can't say anything about my 'front' when you have one too."

Tala rolls her eyes, "Yeah yeah okay." the two smile at for a moment and Carlos places his hand on top of hers.

They stayed silent for a few more moments before they're interrupted by ben opening the gate as he returns.

"How'd it go?" Tala asks, standing up as Carlos's hand slips from her own.

"She's not coming back," Ben frowns, walking past the four sadly.

"What? I'll talk to her," Evie says, walking toward their phone type device,
"Mal, it's Evie. Just let me talk to you for a second."

"I'll be back." Tala said, walking away to Ben, not knowing she left her sword behind.

"Ben. Wait up!"

Jay sighs at Evie, "Let's just give her a few hours to cool off." Evie nods with a
frown.

"Guys, " Carlos exclaims, "where's Ben and Tala?"

"Ben? Tala?" Evie calls, looking down the alleyway. a figure appears with a hat, and they all sigh in relief.

"Guys don't scare us like that," Evie exhales.

"Don't scare you?" the familiar voice of Harry Hook asks as he walks into the light, "that's my specialty."

"Harry.." evie gasps lowly, "what did you do with Ben and Tala?"

"Oh uh, we nicked them. mmm hmm. yeah um, and if you want to see him again have mal come to the chip shoppe tonight. alone. uma wants a little visit. aw, Jay, seems like you've lost your touch." harry teases Jay.

Jay lunges forward, but is held back by Evie. harry turns to carlos, barking at him.

"And oh that little lassie put up a good fight. A really good one." Harry smirks, noticing the face Carlos and Jay gave him. "Little duckling had my hat. What a small world we live in." He laughs out before leaving the shocked vk's behind.

——