Chapter 21: Back to the Forest -Luke

The nurse came in and told me I may go home. I nodded.
"Thank you for everything" I said.
"No problem" she replied and left.

I got up and dressed into my regular clothes. I walked out the room. As I was walking I passed by Liam's room. He was still in there. With Diana, Jacob and Daniel. Diana was right beside Liam. Jacob and Daniel were lying on the ground. What is happening? I walked into the room to see what was going on. I still wasn't sure. Daniels phone was lying beside him so I picked it up to put it in his pocket. I turned it on. The home screen said "listen to recording, password is 1567". I put it in my pocket then I went to the door but it was locked. I heard a laugh.
"Where do you think you're going?" a voice said.
I couldn't tell who it was. It was female. I turned around and saw Maddison.
She came running towards me. I jumped to the side and she hit the door.
"Haha! Loser!" I said.
I kicked the door hard and it fell down. I ran out not looking back. I saw Dave and Julian.
"Where have you guys been?" I ask.
"Busy" Julian said.
"Well we got to go now!" I screamed.
"What why?" Julian asked.
"I'll explain later. Let's go!"
We ran and ran. I finally checked back to see if Maddison was behind us but she wasn't.
"Let's get a drink" Dave said.
We went to the vending machine to get some snack. All of my friends were there.
"Where's Daniel and Jacob?" Zayne asked.
"They're in Liam's room. Asleep I think." I replied.
"Shoot!" he said.
"Why?"
"I'll tell you why" Selena said.
She explained everything to me.
"Wow" was all I could say.
"I found Daniels phone. I think there's a recording that's important" I said.
I turned on his phone and unlocked it. I went into recordings and played his latest one.

After we finished listening to it, we all had the same expression, shocked.
"She is the worst person ever!" Selena said.
"We should go look for the antidote." I said.
******
We went back into the forest to find the tree. We all stayed together in case of anything.
"I found it!" Julian said.
"How do we know this is really it?" I asked.
"I think we're in the middle of the forest. Hold on let me check" said Emily.
She looked at her phone and said "Ya we are"
"Please tell me someone brought a knife" Dave said.
"I do! I always carry a pocket knife in case of anything" I say and toss it to him.
"So...I guess I cut it" Dave said confused.
"Ya do it know!" Emily yelled.
Dave hesitated.
"Ugh fine I'll do it!" Natania growled and took away the knife.
She cuts part of the tree and it started leaking out a substance.
"WE NEED A BUCKET" Julian yelled.
"Calm yourselves" Selena said.
"I have one" Zayne said.
He put the bucket under the part we cut and it leaked into it.
"I think that's enough" Zayne said and moved the bucket.
"Okay let's go" Julian said.
*****
As we walked, I wanted to talk to Selena. I hesitated but then I walked up to her.
"Hey" I said.
"Hey" she said back.
"So...that secret, well it was an accident. I was reversing my car and it hit him. Everyone thought it was on purpose because we were enemies but it's not!" I practically yelled.
She looked at me with a blank expression. I might have overwhelmed her.
"That okay, I understand" she said.
"You do?" I asked.
"Yup"
"Do you want to get back together?" I asked.
"Um..."
She was thinking! I need to know now!
"Yes" she finally answered and smiled.
I took her hand and she didn't let go.
Finally my life was coming back together.