Ayaansh saw that and was taken aback. He cupped her face gently. "Kya hua, Bhabhi? Kyun ro rhe ho aap?"

Ashi blinked off her tears and smiled for him. "Ro nhi rhi, bachcha, kuch chala gya aankhon me. Tu Jake bahar se wo dishes le aa." She said to divert his attention.

Ayaansh nodded.

Arnav came out of the shower and saw Aryan sitting on the bed, waiting for him. Aryan got up and took the towel from his hands making him sit. Arnav smiled at him as Aryan filled up a glass of water for him and started telling him about his day. Arnav listened to everything with complete attention.

"...and you know, Bhaiya, itne saare forms fill karwaye unhone. Lag rha tha aaj registration karwa ke kal hi boards likhne ko kahenge..."

Arnav laughed seeing his expressions.

"Arey, haso mat aap, pata hai mai toh last form par aate aate apna naam bhi cross check karke likh raha tha." Aryan cribbed.

"Tere exams kab se hai?" Arnav asked.

"Next to next week se." Aryan made a face but answered.

Arnav shook his head. Aryan only liked to crib about his studies. In reality he was very sincere and conscious student. Arnav never had to worry about his studies. Even though he had to chide him once or twice, he knew Aryan would never compromised his studies for anything.

"Padhai ho gyi?" Arnav asked as they made their way out of room to the kitchen.

"Abhi toh exams bohot door hai, Bhaiya. Next week ke baad se padhunga, itni jaldi kon start karta hai.." Aryan said and then bit his lips. He wasn't supposed to say it out. He peeked at Arnav and was surprised to find him smiling. He followed his Bhaiya's gaze to see what had him smiling so much and saw his Bhabhi feeding kheer to Ayaansh.

Aryan wailed immediately. "Mujhe bhi khilao, Bhabhi." He said and rushed to their side. Ashi happily obliged.

The weekend had passed away in jiffy and the boys were back to school. Ayaansh was in the school ground with his friend, Rihaan. He was amazed he had made friends so effortlessly. He hardly had any in his previous school. And Rihaan had gotten very close to him in very less span of time. They were just talking to themselves when a group of boys started hovering around them.

"Tu itne bade school me kaise aa gya be?" A boy took a jibe.

Another one laughed. "Arey, Singhanias bade log hai. Charity karte rehne ki aadat hai unhe."

Ayaansh felt his eyes burning but pretended to ignore them and started walking away. The boys hounded him.

"Ek baat toh bata, Ayaansh, aisa kya kaha tune Jo woh log tujhe apne ghar me bhi rehne de rhe hai aur itne achchhe school me bhi padha rhe hai?"

"Maine suna tumhare mom dad nhi hai. Woh log tum jaise anaath ko Ghar utha ke kyu le aaye"

"Koi aur chakkar hai kya? Agar sach me Bhai hota toh ghar lane se unki beizzati hi hoti, kyun late wo?"

"Mujhe lagta hai aise hi kisi orphanage se utha ke le aaye isse mahaan banne ke liye. Aise bin maa baap ke bachche ko..." He stopped as his face was jerked away with a punch.

Ayaansh rushed to stop Rihaan. "Rihu, kya kar rha hai, yaar... Jane de.."

Rihaan turned to glare at him. "Jane doon? Tujhe sunai nhi de rha yeh Harshit kya bakwas kar rha hai?"

Harshit and his friends surrounded them angrily. "Tune mujh par haath uthaya? How dare you? Abhi batata hoon..." He tried to punch back Rihaan but Ayaansh stopped him.